Diet aids to boost weight loss

Options
Let's discuss what products and how they have given you success in your weight loss journey.

Replies

• LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    The best aids anyone can use are fork put-downs and table push-aways, in addition to counting calories and burning more than you take in.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    My running shoes have been pretty good towards my successful weight loss journey.
    As have been Oreos and a calorie deficit.
    Pretty good aids.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    There are no pills, shakes, wraps, etc...that will help you. They'll only make your wallet lighter. Eat less than you burn, move more, weight loss will ensue.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    My shoes, clothes (yoga pants, t-shirts), gym and grocery store have all aided me.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Stop it guys. The best diet aid ever: a food scale. It is a product that has given me huge success.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Stop it guys. The best diet aid ever: a food scale. It is a product that has given me huge success.
    OMG I totally forgot about my food scale. YES!!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Like others have said, there's no supplement you can take that will help you lose weight.

Invest in a food scale, some workout clothes and gear for whatever activity you want to do (what you enjoy and want to do regularly), a camera to take progress photos, and a measuring tape to look for inches lost.

That's all you need.
  • RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    No short cuts. Discipline, self control and ambition will see you meet your targets.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,618 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    9 inch dinner plates.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • qb63
    qb63 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    You must be new here. :)
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Friend people on here, log your food religiously, keep good food on hand so you don't fall into the "only bad options available" trap.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options

Which changes my original answer of "nothing"
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Vitamin B supplements, liquid. Take right before workout for added energy.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Calorie counting worked for me so I guess the "product" is MyFitnessPal.
  • CloudyMao
    CloudyMao Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Best weight loss tools that have worked for me:

Calorie counting tools (MFP / SparkPeople)
    Water intake tracking (as above)
    More water
    Water with lemon in it
    Tea
    Tea with lemon
    Green tea
    Other Tea
    Coffee
    Basically any way you can get liquid into you that's mainly water.
    Fresh food: there's just something about nutrient dense food that is good for weight loss
    Digital food scale - that "tbsp" of mayonnaise could really be 3tbsps worth.
    Measuring tape.

Mostly these are unnecessary things for weight loss, but it all helps.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    i got some will power and its worked wonders. you have some too. time to flex it. :smile:
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Hard work.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    9 inch dinner plates.

How does this help??? I can still pack 2000 calories onto a 9 inch dinner plate
  • hamoncan
    hamoncan Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Just MFP on my phone, the scale, the mirror, a good pair of runners (for lots of walking), audio books/podcasts, dumbells and an exercise mat.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    My Fitbit reminds me to work activity into my daily life, MFP helps me keep myself accountable for my food consumption, and my food scale helps me keep my portions the right size. (Unlike many of my fellow Americans, I have historically UNDER estimated my portion sizes. I was thrilled the first time I piled 1 oz of thinly sliced good cheese on that scale and saw how much was in a serving!)

My husband's old free weight set has been the biggest "surprise" product for me. Just 3 weeks of lifting and I can feel and see a difference in my body!

Oh, and I use GIANT plates and cover at least half with veggies before adding any other food to my meal portion.