e-readers: sony or ematic?

Options
hello! i have no experience with this sort fo thing, but these are the two brands offered in a catalogue we use - buy now, pay later type thing. i'm looking to buy one as a graduation gift for my sister. i know there are a ton of other kinds out there, but we would have to pay cash in hand for those, so that won't be happening. anyone have either of these and know anything about them? thanks in advance for tips! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• basschick
    basschick Posts: 3,502 Member
    Options
    bump
  • a_stronger_steph
    a_stronger_steph Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I don't know much about ematic, but when I was researching e-readers I narrowed it down to the Sony vs. the Kindle. Sony had some nice features.
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I don't know much about Sony reader....I own an Amazon Kindle and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it....:love:
  • casey12105
    casey12105 Posts: 293
    Options
    I dont' know the prices of the two that you are looking at, but the kindle is only like $130 and and all the consumer reports I read it ranked highest every time, even higher than the really expensive ones. It's the only ereader I've ever had so I can't give you any info on the others, sorry.
  • nolafitchick
    nolafitchick Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I dont' know the prices of the two that you are looking at, but the kindle is only like $130 and and all the consumer reports I read it ranked highest every time, even higher than the really expensive ones. It's the only ereader I've ever had so I can't give you any info on the others, sorry.

the Kindle actually $114 now.