Need to lose 200+, ready for accountability and motivation.

Options
Typing that honestly hurt my heart to write. I can't believe I've let it get to this point. I've spent many years feeling paralyzed by that number but a few dramatic events in my life recently occurred that finally transformed that feeling of paralysis to acceptance that letting that paralysis has not helped me one bit!

Hello, everyone! My name is Tina, and I've been on MFP for a while (though of and on, half heartedly, for years) but am now looking to make a change that includes reaching out to others and not letting my shame and embarrassment keep me in the exact position I hated.

I don't know if any others who need to lose my degree of weight are really around and active on the community, but even if not, I'd love to get to know some of you who have to lose an amount of weight that at times, feels utterly daunting and impossible. I will slowly be writing more on my blog, because as someone who has had unhealthy food problems my whole life, hiding my problems and what I'm dealing with hasn't helped me at all to date. I figure trying to air things out more will help a bit! Please feel free to add me as a friend if you like.

Replies

• MdwstQT
    MdwstQT Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hi Tina! I'm glad that you're here and getting out of your comfort zone. You've identified areas you want to work on and you know what? You can do it! I know it looks overwhelming but it is possible!

Stay encouraged and keep going!
  • lessofme150
    lessofme150 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Tina, sending a friend request. I have a lot to lose, over 100 (can't be as brave as you to put the exact number) and am trying to get back into the swing of things. I lost 41 lbs and gained it all back plus another 20 :-( Need / want to be back on track and see results again. Anyone reading this can add me as well. I have lots of "friends" but not all of them comment on a regular basis. I think this is part of my problem.

Thanks
    Barb
  • robinrmcfal
    robinrmcfal Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi Tina. Glad you are here. Keep fighting honey!
  • KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Hi! Thanks for sharing...I know it wasn't easy, but it was an awesome first step! I would love to help encourage you in your journey. Feel free to add me!
  • Bchlvr64
    Bchlvr64 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hi Tina, hugs to you. I know exactly what you mean. I had 170-180 to lose when I was at my highest. I am down to needing to lose 75 more. I am no expert about all this for sure. All I know is that I didn't give up. I struggle everyday. I just started. There was no big "ah ha" moment, I've not been particularly gung-ho a lot of days either. My highest was 331 lbs. and I know I was easily going to get to 400 lbs if I didn't do something. I felt so overwhelmed with the big number, of how much I needed to lose. That was one of my biggest obstacles, just feeling overwhelmed at where to start. I just started last January walking at work on my lunch break. I can now run 3 miles without stopping. Here is a little of what I have realized. I learned that losing weight, and A LOT of weight, is hard, however, being fat is hard too so I just picked my hard. Little changes do add up to bigger and better changes. Once the momentum gets going it gets somewhat easier. I've seen people ask for help to be motivated but to me that's impossible because we can't just "get" or give motivation. It has to come from ourselves. I usually don't feel motivated either but I realize as a grown up I can't just wait for some motivation to show up and I can't just rely on feelings to do what I know needs done. This is just some of my experience and opinion, I hope not to offend anyone. If you need a friend feel free to add me. I wish you all the best.
  • shellie_park
    shellie_park Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Tina
    I too have been here off and on for a while. I am hoping this time to stay motivated. I have been overweight for almost 40 years of my 46 years of life. I too have near 200 pounds to lose but have never admitted that to anyone before. I will try to encourage you while I am on
  • Chyll88
    Chyll88 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I am here to help in any way I can:-)
  • LavenderLeaves
    LavenderLeaves Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    That's amazing, therealhales. Incredible to hear and I know exactly how you feel. I know this last year I had gained weight, but I was deluding myself I hadn't reached that 400lb park yet...when I finally weighed myself one day and saw I did I wondered what the hell I was doing. As someone with massively disordered eating, I'm realizing that getting in control of how I eat is #1(clearly,) and while I have the motivation now to get started, I'm trying to really get a support network established when I hit those inevitable bumps in the road. I will definitely be adding you.

Thank you everyone else who has responded so far, it means the world to me. As someone who has been hiding much of my life because of shame, it nearly brings tears to my eyes to feel support from all of you. I truly appreciate it.
  • tanyatabone9
    tanyatabone9 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I had nearly 190 pounds to lose. Now I have lost 50 pounds so I still have 140 pounds to lose. But I hate thinking about it that way! It has been slow progress for me, and I have let myself slide over the last few months. I am back kicking goals though. For me, I like to thin of it more about how far I have already come rather than how far I have left to go. For you, look at how far you have already shifted in your mindset. The weight is a symptom, you are already healing. Well done.
    Friend me if you want to :)
    Tanya
  • hamminit
    hamminit Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I have over 150 lbs to lose! feel free to add me :)
  • Bchlvr64
    Bchlvr64 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Just think, a year from now how much better you'll be. REALLY! You can do it!!! I really believe you will.
  • mmariag
    mmariag Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone Im 23 and i also have a lot to loose 100+ so this will be a long journey. You're all welcome to add me open diary and support :)
  • sunshine74136
    sunshine74136 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I too have 200 plus to lose..anyone may add me new to this community thing :)
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Hey lovely lady, I'm not too sure on how many pounds I need to lose as I use kilograms instead lol but I need to lose minimum of 30 kg... Feel free to add me to your list of motivators
    Hugs and support
    Karen
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    When I first started, I had 201 pounds to lose. Currently I'm down 122 pounds and have about 80 left to lose. I agree with therealhales… the key is to not give up! And I agree with what she said about motivation too! For me personally… I found creating the routine is KEY for me. During my "honeymoon" period of high motivation, I used that time to create a routine. I made sure I did something EVERY DAY! So, now… it's not a matter of how high my motivation is, I still do it… because that's what I do. I wouldn't know what to do if I couldn't work out when I wake up… Because it's so much a part of my routine now.
    Anyway… if I can be of help… feel free to add me.
  • TopShelf_FiveHole
    Options
    I am a large man needing to slim down by say, oh, 205ish pounds. Let's not put an exact number on it, shall we ;). Looking very forward to meeting some new people with similar goals so we can kick fat aside and have a ton of fun doing it. Ladies, gentlemen, have a great Tuesday, and hope to see y'all around. Feel free to add me :)
  • Electra3
    Electra3 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Always needing friends along the journey
  • jolt28
    jolt28 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Just sent you a FR - anyone on this post please feel free to add me as well:) Jo
  • trajanAz
    trajanAz Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi Tina. I know exactly how you feel. When I started I had 330lbs to lose, but you know what? Once I established a routine and got into healthy habits the weight just started falling off. That's the "good" thing about needing to lose a bunch of weight, when you get on track things really move quickly. I've only been dialed in since the end of August and I've already lost 88.2lbs.

Just stay positive, be consistent with your nutrition and what you enter in and in a blink of an eye a huge chunk of what you have to lose will be gone. :)