Starting a new weightloss journey......

Options
Hi my name is Daniel Green and I am right now weighing 288 pounds. Last year at the early part of 2014 I had lost a total of 50 pounds. I lost all of the weight by doing Zumba Fitness. It is a great way to lose large amounts of weight and it is really fun. The problem I am dealing with now is that I gained all the weight back by the end of 2014. I struggled for a long time with my weight. From when I was younger to the age I am now when I have lost large amounts of weight at 4 different times. Each time I gained it all back. The main reason I would gain it all back is I would become hospitalized for my mental illness and would begin not to care about my health and I would just splurge and eat everything that was in sight. I now feel that 2015 will be a great year to start my journey again, but with each growing year of getting older I know it only gets harder. I want to make this the last time I have to lose large amounts of weight and keep it off once and for all. So I decided that I am going to stay closely in tune with myfitnesspal for support. Trust me I have been there and done it all with losing weight so I do have plenty of advice on how to do it. This will now be my 5th time losing large amounts of weight. I am now weighing at the most I have ever weighed in my life. I know how sometimes life gets in the way of your motivation and goals, but I feel that if I stay organized with myfitnesspal and reach out to other people I could get advice and give advice on certain things dealing with losing weight. My goal logged in right now is to lose 68 pounds by this year. At the same time I am kind of scared about it, but excited to see where this journey leads me. I would like to make friends on here to communicate with and receive advice from. So feel free to add me I would like to hear plenty of different views on this subject and see if anyone is in my same position. Losing weight was always such a great thing for me, but when the weight comes back after such an accomplishment it can break you of your happiness. Its time to be happy and comfortable in my own skin again. Just add me if you'd like.

Replies

• Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Hey there Daniel,
    It really sounds like you have a great attitude and outlook, along with previous expiriences to make your journey that little bit easier (hey, it's never easy.. but always worth it!!).

I know that you'll find that support network you're looking for here, there are so many fantastic people that have been in the same place and are working towards similar goals to you. Those people, along with the logging tools here will hopefully make things so much easier and sustainable for you than any previous experience you had.

I really do wish you the very best on your journey, I know that if you turn that determination that you obviously have so much of, into action.. There is absolutely nothing that can stop you!!

All the best,
    Adam
  • DanielGreen4486
    DanielGreen4486 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks Adam. It is great to hear this motivation message. I am definitely ready to push myself harder than ever and to keep myself going. Thanks a lot for this. I needed that.

Daniel
  • apollyn29
    apollyn29 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hi daniel. indeed 2015 is a great year to start losing weight. I have been ignoring my weight problem for the last 5yrs. I felt that this has to stop and im doing this not for others but for myself. i feel that i owe myself some discipline when it comes to food choices...so today i have downloaded this app...very determined to track what im eating and track my progress...cheers to us all...may we be successful in our goals ;)
  • andreasoulcastle
    andreasoulcastle Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Hi Daniel,

I also have a mental illness that can make it hard to get out of bed and move, and I often times eat my emotions because of it. I also feel that this year will be better. I have been wondering about zumba, I have the zumba xbox rush game but never really play it. It is a workout, I wonder if I get to it a few times a week I'll see results? I don't know maybe we can help each other out, I am also peaking in current weight at the moment.
  • LotusAsh
    LotusAsh Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Thanks Adam. It is great to hear this motivation message. I am definitely ready to push myself harder than ever and to keep myself going. Thanks a lot for this. I needed that.

Daniel

i hear ya mean, I lost 100lbs last year, gained about half of back due to some dark episodes I've had. if you want a friend, feel free to add me
  • shoby9
    shoby9 Posts: 2
    Options
    I find it hard for the first few days to stick to my diet. I like to have a few glasses of wine and that's my downfall (as always end up eating rubbish food with it). I want try try an exercise class but feel stupid as all woman and I would feel out of place. Zumba looks fun as well!!
  • floridagirl7264
    floridagirl7264 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Hi Daniel ... I struggle with bipolar depression and know how hard it can hit. I know how eating can feel like you're filling a void. But that void is still there whether you've eaten or not. I keep telling myself that. You can do this. I've lost 60 lbs and have another 50 that I would like to lose. I won't give up. There are times that I want to but know that I would feel even worse about myself, making me more depressed. You can do this once and for all. Keep pushing and never give up.
  • hawksvixxen
    hawksvixxen Posts: 54 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I also have a mental illness that can make it hard to get out of bed and move, and I often times eat my emotions because of it. I also feel that this year will be better. I have been wondering about zumba, I have the zumba xbox rush game but never really play it. It is a workout, I wonder if I get to it a few times a week I'll see results? I don't know maybe we can help each other out, I am also peaking in current weight at the moment.

As a Zumba fanatic (and now instructor) - you can lose weight with Zumba (add in a weight regiment for toning). My husband lost 70 pounds. Cardio plus weights plus healthy diet = weight loss. The one thing about Zumba tho (added benefit - and actual classes are the best - more energy, comraderie, etc.) is it is really great for your mental well being too. Happy endorphins. I have had more than one student with depression, bipolar and other mental illness tell me it has helped them tremendously! Just my two cents. :)

Would love to help motivate you - add me if you like.