What are some good breakfast recipes?

Options
enelson96
enelson96 Posts: 14 Member
I usually eat cereal daily for breakfast but there are lots of calories and sugar in most of the cereal. I sometimes have oatmeal or omlets.

Any other suggestions that are quick would be great!

Replies

• cassiejoyy
    cassiejoyy Posts: 82
    Options
    I've been eating light & fit yogurt for breakfast. Only 80 Calories! And its so yummy.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    whole grain english muffin with reduced fat cheese, 2 strips of bacon or canadian bacon, and an egg white

kashi cereal with skim milk

3 egg white omelet with spinach, swiss cheese, mushrooms, onions, and tomatoes

oatmeal with brown sugar and 1 egg scrambled with 2 egg whites
  • bensmommie
    bensmommie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I usually eat a container of non-fat greek yogurt with a little (1/2 cup or so) cereal mixed in, that way I still get the crunch of cereal I crave in the morning, but lots of protein to hold me over.
  • oxHayleyxo
    oxHayleyxo Posts: 4
    Options
    I have a banana and a slice of white bread toasted with half a teaspoon of butter, see my diary, calories are low and keeps you full until dinner.
  • tmej1973
    tmej1973 Posts: 14
    Options
    1/2 cup egg beaters scrambled w/ 1/2 cup baby spinach, 1 ounce diced ham with a greek yougart and a slice of toasted thin rye bread
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I'm on the go ALOT so I make 2 Eggo Nutigrain Whole Wheat waffles, put some crunchy peanut butter on one, spread a small amount of sugar free syrup, and put them together and eat like a sandwich!
  • jkleman79
    jkleman79 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    My favorite is

2 whole cage free eggs
    1/4 cup all whites
    deli turkey 3 slices
    1/2 cup spinach
    1/4 cup baby bella mushrooms
    1 oz gorgonzola/feta or goat cheese by taste
  • ❤B☩❤
    ❤B☩❤ Posts: 634
    Options
    ALL OF THE ABOVE = YUMMMMMMMM!
  • ❤B☩❤
    ❤B☩❤ Posts: 634
    Options
    ALL OF THE ABOVE = YUMMMMMMMM!
  • lovediets
    lovediets Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I have a recipe for Southwestern Egg Bake. It is awesome. I'll give it to you if you want it.
    Jean from Iowa
  • malabaugh
    malabaugh Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I make a big pot of steel cut oats on the weekend and portion it out so that it is ready to grab and reheat every morning. I like to add almond butter, honey, and banana. After dressing it up, it is usually a 350 calorie breakfast, which keeps me going all morning. If I have time in the mornings I like to make eggs with an english muffin.
  • lisaap77
    lisaap77 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I really like some toasted whole grain bread with some peanut butter or almond butter and banana slices and a sprinkle of cinnamon. YUM Also I make a breakfast smoothie alot during the summer. I use 1/2 cup skim milk, 6oz of your favorite yogurt and 1/2 cup of strawberries and a 1/4 cup of blueberries ( I use frozen berries) and one scoop of vanilla whey protein powder...blend and enjoy! Those are my 2 go to quickie breakfasts.
  • lovediets
    lovediets Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I love Kashi cereal. Get the one with the most protein to kick in your metabolism!!!!
  • penguinluver
    Options
    Chop up red onion, tomatoes, spinach, mushroom (I don't like mushrooms, but it would work in it) and saute in a pan then mix up an egg and pour it over it. Almost like an omelet, but easier to make. Then put salsa or ketchup on top. I actually use more veggies than I do egg. It is filling, healthy and low calorie.
  • maurilax
    maurilax Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    some of the new versions of Kashi are pretty good with skim milk, throw in some fresh blueberries or half a banana.

otherwise egg whites with all kinds of stuff, mushrooms, peppers, onions, spinach, herbs. sometimes a piece of whole wheat toast

also if i get up late ill just have a protein shake.

Also, the first thing I do when i wake up is drink 20oz of water.
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I've been making a quiche that I portion out to 8 slices... it contains 8 large eggs, about 1/2 cup of diced ham, 1/2 a cup of 3 different cheeses (mozzarella, cheddar, jack), mushrooms, asparagus, and onions. This recipe calls for 1-1/2 cups of half and half... which is what I've been using but I'm thinking of turning that to light cream to make the calorie count just a tad less. This breakfast is so unbelievably filling that the calories are well worth it... about 340 per slice. The protein is huge and you can really add just about anything you want to the quiche. I use a store brand pie crust that you just unroll... I'm sure I'll want some variety as the days go on, but for now, this is my second quiche and I'm loving it!
  • laurasnyder411
    laurasnyder411 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Haha! I do this too! Super yummy and I can't believe they make sugar-free syrup that tastes as good as it does!