What is your motivation?

Options

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Health first and foremost. My dad's been dealing with diabetes since he was 42, and as I was getting closer to that age I realized I was basically following in his footsteps. Beauty and confidence are also part of the equation, but not to anywhere near the same extent.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I WANT THE WHOLE PACKAGE, BABY!
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    To live a long, healthy and happy life.
  • IrZeo
    IrZeo Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    My inspiration is health, and just being able to enjoy the rest of my life without all those "complications" or "restrictions" that being overweight/obese brings!
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Fitting into a commuter airplane seat comfortably! No more bruises in my thighs.
  • Will_Run_for_Food
    Will_Run_for_Food Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Health - both physical and mental. I find working out helps with my anxiety.
  • DannehBoyy
    DannehBoyy Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    To be someone that others can look up to ... (not just because i'm really tall)
  • missjones513
    missjones513 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    To avoid health problems that run in the family and better clothing options.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    My motivation is pretty much being tired of being left behind or not being able to do things. I don't want people to walk slower because I can't keep up. I don't want to be the one who is out of breath walking up one flight of stairs. F that!
    I definitely don't want to be someone stuck in a chair as I get older filled with aches and pains. I want to live a long, healthy life.
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    to not fail*<(mainly) other reasons are all in me ! making myself proud with> my <results
    willpower, health ,strength ,& energy
    all in me i dont really get motivated from other ppl ads ect*
    and bottom line i dont want to be a fatty :# + and look better*
    i thrive off all in me (i am motivation)
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Health...I really hated the way I was feeling and I was not able to do things that I once enjoyed.

Also, a little bit of vanity because I hated the way I looked in pictures.
  • noobletmcnugget
    noobletmcnugget Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    To feel happy when I look in the mirror.
  • pavingnewpaths
    pavingnewpaths Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    All of the above. I have a vision for the where and how I'd like to be ten years from now...being overweight is not included.
  • sheepotato
    sheepotato Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    It's really habit that keeps me going at this point.

When I still need a little motivation I just look at old pictures of myself (either at my goal weight or highest weight, depending on which way I need to push myself that day.)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    1 - health...I was heading down a disastrous path when I started out here...literally, my doctor told me if I didn't turn it around I would at minimum find myself very ill in my 50s and into my 60s if not dead. So that was very motivating.

I have since gotten off of all of my meds except my hypertension (which I have reduced my prescription, but it's largely hereditary) and all of my blood work is in the optimal to normal range. I'm just glad my dad was around and able to see my turn around before he passed on at the ripe old age of 60 last year...I was heading down his same path.

2 - Certainly there is an element of vanity involved, particularly at this point. I'm at a perfectly healthy weight and BF% and pretty darned fit, but I'm shooting for about 10% BF now and even greater fitness.
  • jacobt90
    Options
    Believe it or not but when people appreciate for your hardwork, it is the best type of motivation you can ever get. I remember, 4 years down the lane I was a very fit guy although I never got into much of physical exercises all I did was running and I never felt like doing anything else but later on I was a potato on the couch. The clothes I used to wear were not able to fit my body. I remember I ordered a new V-neck T-shirt from district clothing and I planned that to wear on my birthday but in matter of 20-25 days, I got so fat that it was not able to fit my body.

I said to myself, this is really bad, I look pathetic, I really need to get myself back in shape, for which I began the quest by running followed by going to Gym daily and some Yoga too. After about 4 months, I started to see the difference in me. And within next two months I was back in shape. The motivation I got was that I was able to wear that T-shirt which I once was not able to. Apart from that I got great compliments from a lot of girls which made me feel nice and ofcourse motivated.
  • foodiscomplicated
    foodiscomplicated Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Cause now I can finally obsess up about things unrelated to health and fatness.
  • ErinK09
    ErinK09 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    To be happy with myself and my health.
  • amphilion
    amphilion Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Health is the most important! Going to Cuba in April and being in a bikini gives me rhe motivation to go to the gym everyday also :)
  • drabbits3
    drabbits3 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    To be a healthy middle aged mom, not a frumpy mom. At age 44, it could have gone either way!!!!! Both my sons are athletes and I was tired of being tired and sedentary. And now I look good at the beach with them!