Fitbit Charge HR

Options
I was lucky and was able to pick up a Charge HR in early December. Anyone else out there pick it up? Its my first fitbit. Anywau im wondering how accurate the daily calorie tracker is. Im looking to drop 10 pounds. Any other tips for using it? Thanks!

Replies

• mykaylis
    mykaylis Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    how did you get so lucky? i so badly want one and they haven't published a release date.
  • sweetage123
    sweetage123 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I got mine about a week before Christmas. The step count seems fairly accurate in comparison to the Fitbit One that I had before this. I've noticed that my stairs count is off sometimes, especially after driving, but that's my only real complaint! I just sync it to MFP and use the exercise tracking option when I'm doing any formal scheduled exercise.

For anyone considering ordering after the release date, be warned that the small size is smaller than anticipated. Definitely worth measuring your wrist beforehand!
  • MrsJennaKwasniewski
    MrsJennaKwasniewski Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    It is available today! I got my e-mail this morning that I could purchase it and I did. Should be here in 5-7 days...super excited!
  • shurleec
    shurleec Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I was so excited when I saw your post about it being available, I went to the website to order and before I could finish the shipping the site went down :( I wonder if anyone else is having this problem.
  • shurleec
    shurleec Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Got through and order in!!
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I went on the site & it when I got to the page where I put my address in it says Pre-order,ships in 4-6 weeks. wth? I thought they were available now!
  • ntw25
    ntw25 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    My surge says it is shipping now..........am I about to be disappointed ?
  • nmcrosier
    nmcrosier Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    They're trickling out here and there- some people were lucky to pick up in stores. My hubs got me the Charge for Xmas - but I gave it back - I wanted the HR since I have the flex, I wanted all the other features the HR offers...other than just a watch
  • yansbans
    yansbans Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I ordered mine yesterday. It said ships in 6 to 8 weeks!!! :(
  • kiniece
    kiniece Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    verizon.com had the Charge and Surge in stock yesterday. I got my order in for a Surge and had it overnighted! It'll be here today!! :D
  • kiniece
    Options
    the Charge HR had already sold out.
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I ordered mine yesterday to replace my Force. I'm curious to see how well the heart rate monitoring works.

Without the HR I found the calorie estimates to be accurate in the sense that if I ate the recommended calories I would lose weight.
  • ArmyVet92
    ArmyVet92 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I ordered a Surge from Verizon yesterday (like another poster mentioned the Charge HR was sold out), it should be here tomorrow. If anyone would like to be Fitbit or MFP friends feel free to add me.
  • missjones513
    missjones513 Posts: 345 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I just ordered the Charge HR today. I got a black one. It says ships in 1 to 2 weeks. Can't wait!
  • yansbans
    yansbans Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've read many people say that these are running small. There is a measuring guide on the site. The large says it fits up to 7.6" I measured my wrist, I'm exactly 7". I'm concerned that it's going to be too small, but also don't want to order the XL and it gets too big as I lose weight. Has anyone else had issues with this running "small"?
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I'm seriously thinking about buying it, and seeing how I like it. But I don't want to just yet, b/c fitbit has a 45 day guarantee that starts from date of purchase. Right now it's taking 1-2 weeks to ship. By the time I would get it, I'd only have 2 weeks to give it a go.
  • kiniece
    Options
    Loving the new SURGE!!! It does so much more :D:D:D
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I have had the Charge HR for almost a month now. I really like it. I feel confident that the step count is fairly accurate, and the heart rate is good for non-activity times, and for just generally walking around. However, I feel that the heart rate is too low when I am doing cardio activities like Zumba, but especially kickboxing or HIIT type activities. I think it is more of a software problem than hardware though. If I check my heart rate on the device it seems pretty accurate, but the date in the graph after I'm done will be different.
  • missjones513
    missjones513 Posts: 345 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I just ordered the Charge HR today. I got a black one. It says ships in 1 to 2 weeks. Can't wait!

My Charge HR shipped today! You guys know you care lol
  • Jambalady
    Jambalady Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I ordered my Charge HR directly from the Fitbit store on Tuesday night and I got an email yesterday morning that it shipped. I am anxiously awaiting it. I loved my Force but was one of the unfortunate severe rash victims!