Sauna=relaxation and calorie burn!!

Options
So I started going to the sauna at night to relax from my workout and crazy day... I know it burns calories but I'm not sure how you calculate it... If anyone knows fill me in please! Thanks so much!

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I think it dehydrates you! Instant weight loss.

I think the calorie burn would be similar to sitting or hot yoga.
  • gabeysmama
    Options
    Just so the majority of you know I am not using this to lose weight I am just curious. I know that it is mostly water weight which is returned when you replenish your body.
  • s_pekz
    s_pekz Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    you don't. saunas feel nice but the calorie burn is not at all significant or relevant.
  • gabeysmama
    Options
    s_pekz wrote: »
    you don't. saunas feel nice but the calorie burn is not at all significant or relevant.

Thanks so much that ends my curiosity lol! I just wanted to make sure I was replenishing my body enough!
  • s_pekz
    s_pekz Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    No worries! All you need to replenish is water lost. They can be dehydrating
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    The sauna feels fantastic, but it really doesn't burn significantly more calories than you otherwise would just sitting there...I found one website that claimed 300 calories per 30 minutes for a 160 Lb person, but I find that rather hard to believe.

IMHO, It's pretty much just a relaxation thing...feels awesome after an ice bath.