Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    leftover pizza.
  • CaitlinW19
    CaitlinW19 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I love bringing mason jar salads to the office. I buy a big bag of lettuce at Sam's Club once a week and make up a whole bunch (usually on Sunday). I never was a big salad person, but I've come to really enjoy it. My favorites are Buffalo Chicken, BBQ Chicken, and Taco. Today I have a new one, Cashew Chicken with ranch. I use restaurant salads as inspiration mostly and make them lighter with Bolthouse yogurt dressings (amazing!).
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Fruit, potato salad, and lunchmeat rollups with the meat and cheese of your choosing.

This is the first thing I thought of! And I quite often make them in the summer when it's hot because where I live it gets really humid in the summer and it's not always the best idea to bring hot lunches, even if my office has AC
  • Kabiti
    Kabiti Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I love salad too. I just chop a whole head of romaine (a small one like from the 3 packs) and put it in a gallon zip bag. I add feta, chicken, etc., etc., and put dressing on it at work. It's nice 'cause you can shake the whole thing to distribute the dressing and eat it right from the bag.
  • ftsolk
    ftsolk Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I have access to a refrigerator, but even reheating refrigerated (not frozen) food can take a while with this microwave.

I'm not against sandwiches, but I'd rather not have sandwiches two meals in a row. Is that weird?
  • maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    When I was bringing lunch every day I packed one or two plain greek yogurts (5 oz), one or two apples, a container with 2 TBSP hummus and then 1.5 c chopped carrots, tomatoes and some avocado - that was lunch plus snack for the afternoon. 15 minutes for eating seems rushed - is that set in stone?
  • JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I gave up trekking across my building at work to use the microwave and find it busy for the next god knows how long. I just leave my lunch in my desk and eat it at whatever temperature it's at. I'm just used to room temperature leftovers now, and I actually like stir-fry better a little on the cold side.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese mixed with vegetables and spices (paprika, salt, pepper, etc)
    Hard boiled egg
    Peanut butter and celery
    Hummus and veggies
    Lettuce wrap
    Pasta or bean salads
    cabbage or broccoli slaw
    Cold noodles with peanut sauce, you could add cooked chicken or vegetables to it
    Cold cooked pizza
    7 layer dip- small amount is pretty filling
    yogurt, fruit
    Granola bar
    Rice balls
    Pickles, olives
    Cheese
  • rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    sammich?
  • kbkeats
    kbkeats Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    One of my go-tos is peices of deli ham, rolled with pineapple (and cheese if I need the calories)! Delicious! Can be done with chicken (rolled with peppers and carrots) or anything you can imagine.
  • bkerr30
    bkerr30 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Ok just curious, why not thermos meals? My husband, son and I all bring thermos foods for lunch: soup, leftovers, and it only takes minutes to prep in the morning. That way we can have hot meals minus the microwave
  • dtopo
    dtopo Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Yeah we don't have leftovers (we use a meal plan specifically tailored to two people so that we don't over eat).

Salads I love but I don't like any of the healthy options for dressing - it has to be drenched in ranch or ceasar I can't stand it. I have tried all the other dressings - they just don't do it.

I would love to hear about these mason jar salads - how far ahead can you make them so the lettuce doesn't go bad waiting all week? Yogurt dressing - I take it I can swap that and actually eat a bunch.

I am going to look into some sandwich ideas. I like the idea of preparing a bunch of chicken salad and tuna salad for the week and just putting it together the night before and grabbing before I leave for work. Maybe with some POP chips or something pre-measured into a bag?!