Maintaining a healthy weight during pregnancy.

Options
Anyone else pregnant and wanting to maintain a healthy pregnancy weight?? I'm looking for friends with similar goals. I want to eat as healthy as possible, while also exercising in a way that is healthiest for for baby and I. I want to strengthen and nourish my body in preparation for late pregnancy, childbirth, and the early days of breastfeeding and baby wearing. Shoot me a friend request if you are interested in supporting each other through this journey!! :)

Replies

• MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Ladies gain a LOT of weight thest days; speak to your dr. Other women don't always know everything.

My coworker thought she was eating healthy and I kept telling her what was fried, what had sugar, etc and she still gained 80 lbs. It took her 6 months to lose it after she gave birth, with working full time and taking care of her newborn.

• wakeupsleepyface
    wakeupsleepyface Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the advice. I didn't exercise my last pregnancy, though I did make en effort to eat well, and I gained over 40 pounds. I am going to put in more of an effort this time around to try and avoid gaining more than is necessary for a healthy pregnancy. I'm not so much looking for tips and advice as I am looking for ladies with the same goals as myself :)
  • Karmic_angel
    Karmic_angel Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I lost 9kgs from my pre-birth weight whilst I was pregnant recently. A lot of this was due to gestational diabetes & eating healthy for that, but I was also mindful of what I ate through the whole pregnancy. Breakfast was always 2 slices wholegrain bread with a bit of peanut butter and 1/2 glass of milk, lunch was usually scrambled eggs and dinner was 1 piece of meat, cous cous and a huuuuge pile of veges, I would also snack usually on naturally sweetened yoghurt. I hope that helps :)
  • DjinnMarie
    DjinnMarie Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    I did mild strength training and lots of walking with all 3 of my children. I highly recommend it. As always, listen to your body. Obviously you don't want to be setting PR's while pregnant. The goal is stay active and strong.

Once I hit 8 months though, I didn't do squat. (Sorry for the bad pun). It just hurt too bad to do anything but lay on the couch and watch TV. Ha!
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    there's a few pregnancy groups on mfp, bummer you can't search groups anymore but if you scroll a bit you'll find them!
  • lwhaleysmith
    lwhaleysmith Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi wakeupsleepyface! I am currently 20 weeks pregnant with my 4th pregnancy and found your post by searching for some advice about calorie tracking while pregnant. I would love to have someone to correspond with who is on the same journey. I have gained between 30-45 pounds with each prior pregnancy and would like to gain as little as possible this time around. I just dont want the struggle to loose the weight afterwards, but also dont want the struggle of being hungry while pregnant. I am thinking of starting to track my calories again, just to inform my self of what is going into my body and therefore the little one's. I exercise regularly, but have taken it wayyyy down in the last month. Thanks for the post!
  • zehranowostawski
    zehranowostawski Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm also 13 weeks pregnant and gained 8 lbs already. I have a huge desire to eat all the time and December was a terrible time for me in terms of eating. I started entering my food intake and exercising. I'd be happy to share my progress with others. This will motivate me to gain healthy weight.
  • lapearce
    lapearce Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! I'm trying to figure out the best way to set up My Fitness Pal. I obviously expect to gain weight- but I don't want to gain it from calories. How do you ladies have it set out? Do you have it set up to maintain your weight, or on a gain track?
  • GiaNice
    GiaNice Posts: 1
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hi all! I'm so happy I found this chain :smiley: I'm 12 weeks pregnant and only 5'1" so I want to make sure I maintain a healthy weight and gain what is necessary but not over do it. This is my first pregnancy. I first joined MFP a little over a year and a half ago, as I was prepping for our wedding. This time, I set it up to maintain weight, knowing I'll have to add about 350 calories the 2nd trimester and 450-500 the 3rd, to that calorie total. I found this advice on a fit pregnancy site.

Is this how you guys are doing it? Would love to learn more about to best prepare myself and baby.
  • LauraAkaTigger
    LauraAkaTigger Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    hi all! I am interested other with similar goals too! i am 17 weeks pregnant in my profile, i am currently 19 weeks. I am logging my food at 1800-1900 cals, logging my steps though my fitbit flex and trying to do 4-5 days a week of 30 mins of prenatal workouts.
  • mgd64
    mgd64 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone. I am late to this party but interested in corresponding with anyone about the same! I'm 25 weeks and was very athletic to start (triathlete / marathoner) and am shocked by how much weight I put on already (24lbs, 5'7'' and 120 to start) even with 7hrs exercise (spinning/running) per week.

I'd love to chat with anyone about how they've been managing!