Finally coming to terms with being overweight and the struggles that come with it.

Options
First off, My name is Michelle and I am a Junior in college studying Art Education. I find comfort in food. I stress eat. I just like to eat. Gaining weight for me is not easy. I have never been over 200 pounds. Ive also never been really thin. In high school I was always about 150 pounds. Then my depression started to get really bad. I finally told my parents and got on the medication I needed. Then I started gaining weight. My boyfriend has been in South Dakota for over a year now, and I have not seen him in a year. I am now 180 pounds. Which does not seem like much, but each pound shows. The only person who have seen my stomach since i have gained weight is my best friend, and it was when we were drinking. My Boyfriend is coming to visit in a month. I know he loves me and my body, he tells me all the time. But im so irrationally scared of showing him my body. And the stress makes me eat more. I just wanted to put this out there. Because today is the day I finally start my hard journey to be happy with the way I look.

Replies

• Beautifulbritt1989
    Options
    Good luck you can do it!! I started my journey yesterday and I love food !! So needless to say I understand the challenge. Have faith we can do this!
  • barbburke88
    barbburke88 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I totally understand tham e struggle and an also a stress eater. I am looking for a friend to support me in this journey
  • FitGeekery
    FitGeekery Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I completely sympathise with the 'every pound shows', as a shortie I have the same problem. Just add 40lbs to your current weight and you can imagine how I looked at my highest >.> Not healthy, scary unhealthy looking.

You are really lucky to have a boyfriend that loves you the way you are now, time for you to play catch up with him hehe Good luck and keep at it, Rome wasn't built in a day :)