Looking for Mom Friends 30 yrs +

Options
Hi there...I am a mom of 3 boys looking for supportive friends that understand the life of a working mom.

Replies

• bug1114
    bug1114 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 29 but will be 30 this year. Feel free to add me. I work during the day and have a 4 year old son.
  • Niferlynn03
    Niferlynn03 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! Mom of 2 wonderful daughters AND getting married in October. Would love to lose 2 pounds a week, which I think is reasonable. My weight gain story is a little different... This past November I had my Mirena IUD removed after almost 5 years of it destroying my life and body! I gained over 100+ pounds and could not for the life of me get rid of it. I suffered to what my doctor explained the "rare" side affects from the IUD. Side affects that included anxiety, fatigue, paranoia, mood swings, irritability, constant hunger, depression, and I was even losing clumps of hair. Everything disappeared within a week of having it removed all except the weight I gained. I am so overwhelmed I dont even know where to start. I've been eating better and doing little exercising but I think I need ladies who are in the same boat. Would love Some kind of support group and we can all help keep each other afloat. :)

• SWEETMAY84
    SWEETMAY84 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am a mommy, and I am 15 pounds away form goal! (21 down!) I love to have new friends in here and help each other in this journey!
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Hi there... Mom of an 11 year old boy and a 2 year old girl. I am 35 and work fulltime. My son has severe ADHD and my daughter suffers from absence seizures so when I am not working I am at the doctors with my children. Been married for 15 years and hubby is gone a lot on business. Would love a great support system with adults to talk to. Love my kids but they are some things you just don't discuss.
  • sandjar131
    sandjar131 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me - I'm 38, and a mom to a 13 year old and 6 year old twins. Married for 14 years and working full time. I have gained and lost...but got serious about it in Jan'13. Lost about 80, and gained back about 20 when I stopped logging earlier this year. I'm working to get back on track and would like some new friends!
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hi everyone! 37y/o Working mom of 2 (5 & 7y/o) married for 10 years in May (yeah us!). I just passed my 1 year anniversary on here 5 days ago and have been able to keep off 25 pounds thanks to MFP (except for a bit of post holiday gain that will be gone soon enough). Looking to lose another 15. Anyone can feel free to add me! Have a great day!
  • mbb33
    mbb33 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    hi there! I am a 32 year old, fulltime working mother of 4. 3 boys 9months,13yrs,11yrs and a daughter 12yrs. defiantly hands full.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 37 and a mum of three, aged 5 years, 3 years and 8 months. I'm still on maternity leave but I'll go back to work (I'm a secondary school teacher, part time) after Easter.

I always put on weight in pregnancy, so here I am again! I thought I'd be ok the third time, I started off thin and fit, I exercised until 38 weeks, I'm incredibly active anyway (no choice with young kids lol) and I logged my entire pregnancy, until I went about a week overdue and was fed up, and yet I still find myself with about 30lbs to lose, 8 months on.

Feel free to add me.
  • jessready
    jessready Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hello I will be 35 this month, and have a 15yr old plus an 8 yr old. Working full time and keeping up with their activites make it more of a challenge for sure. Fell free to add me
  • ncsmith4ku
    Options
    I am totally new to this page and I have a long journey (100+ pounds) ahead of me so am also looking for a support buddy. I'm a working mom of a 9 year old daughter and step mom of four boys age range of 18-29. Would love the fellowship and support so lets chat.
  • kpringlechip
    kpringlechip Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a mom of one and I'm excited to get back on my weight loss journey. I lostv58 pounds in 2013 but unfortunately I allows life to get in the way and gained some of it back. Feel free to add me I need all the support I can get!!! We are all in this together!!!
  • tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    30 year old mom of three boys here as well. My boys are 12, 9, and 6. Sending a request now! :flowerforyou:
  • 1szeb
    1szeb Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi! I will turn 41 this year and have a wonderful little boy who will turn 4 at the end of the month. I've been living in Europe for the last decade (raised in the US) and moved to Sweden last year. I have a highly demanding job and between that, having to learn a new language and trying to be a good mom (and wife, though poor hubby has been extremely patient at my lack of time and energy), I've had a very difficult time losing the baby weight I gained. I gained 33 kilos (about 75 pounds) of which I lost 20 kilos (about 44 lbs) and have 13 kilos (about 28 lbs) to go. I keep losing 5 kilos and gaining it right back. I lose when I'm vigilant with my calorie counting and exercise, but when life gets so hectic my health always suffers. I'm trying to change that because I've been feeling quite a bit burned out and realize everything suffers when I'm not feeling good. If only there were about 30 hours in a day then I'd have time for everything, lol. But I'm trying and I'm determined to make positive changes, one step at a time. I have a tendency to become a perfectionist, take on too much then give up (feeling like a failure) because I just simply can't do everything. So, that is my biggest goal this year, to prioritize, take it easier on myself and allow myself to settle for "pretty good" where possible. I'm not a young mom and my son is going to need me for many years, so my biggest inspiration is him, to be healthy and energetic for him. And myself of course. Wishing all of us the best of luck for achieving our goals!
  • awilliams431
    awilliams431 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 35 mom of 2 with bunches to lose!!! Work full time and would love to have a motivation buddy!! Add me if you would like.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    35, mom of 4 here. 12, 9, 17 months, and 7 months - been maintaining for 6+ years, focusing on strength training.
  • JGonzo82
    JGonzo82 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm the 32-year old mom of a 4-year old girl.
  • ckmnacln
    ckmnacln Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I am a 36 year old mom of 6, I have been maintaining for years and just started lifting. :) I am a substitute teacher and in school to be an RN.
  • dylangrrrrl
    dylangrrrrl Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a 40 year old working mom of two (age 1 and 3) just now carving a little focus/time out for me. Right now I'm attempting to get enough protein and the right balance to prevent blood sugar lows/shakiness. I know it's definitely a challenge working full time, child care in the evenings, providing healthy meals for the family, etc. We can do this!! Feel free to add me, my diary is not perfect but is open!
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm a bit older, but I'm a mom of a 5 and 7 year old. Married for 10 years. Full time job and small business owner. Other than that, I'm not busy at all. LOL
    I'm back at attacking the slow upswing of some pounds that started late in the summer.
    I check in daily.
  • theresagaunt1981
    Options
    Hi I'm 33yr old mum of 3 kids 7yr old girl, 4yr old boy n 12yr boy. Currently not working but doing training to become a family support worker. I try to get out n about as much as I can. Just started n hoping to lose 4stone by the summer