Cabbage Steak

Options
FutureMrsHills
FutureMrsHills Posts: 7
edited January 2015 in Recipes
289y4nr.jpg

Four ingredients, a couple of minutes to prepare and toss in the oven for an hour.
Ingredients
1 (approx 2lb) head of organic green cabbage, cut into 1″ thick slices
1.5 tablespoons olive oil
2 to 3 large garlic cloves, smashed
kosher salt
freshly ground black pepper
spray olive oil OR non-stick cooking spray
Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 350F and spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Pull outer leaf off cabbage (it’s usually dirty and nasty looking), cut cabbage from top to bottom (bottom being root) into 1″ thick slices.
2. In a small bowl throw in garlic, oil and pepper mix together and then rub on both sides of the cabbage with a cooking brush
3. Roast on the middle rack for 30 minutes. Carefully flip the cabbage steaks and roast for an additional 30 minutes until edges are brown and crispy.
Serve hot and Enjoy!

Replies

• CraigShift
    CraigShift Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    yum!
  • haugendan
    Options
    Wow! That sounds amazing!
  • _errata_
    _errata_ Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    9L9bOKF.gif
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Oh no..is cabbage the new cauliflower this year?

They look like a good appetizer or side dish (I love cabbage)...but why must they insist on calling it "steak"...it's not a "steak"...it's a patty of cabbage...which would probably be good along side an actual steak.

• Shazziie13
    Shazziie13 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    So excited to try this out!!!
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    This is meant as a side dish to go alongside an ACTUAL steak, right? ...Right? Because if not...

tumblr_m7t4n8Nnzi1r4yfyx.gif
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I'd make that, then put a real steak on top of it - delicious! Would also be great with pork chops...
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    What the?

No.

Any fule kno that cabbage and bacon is the way forward.
  • daterminedfatburnerX
    Options
    Nothing can replace REAL STEAK
  • jyvonne27
    jyvonne27 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Got to try this!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    THIS IS NOT A REAL THING
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options
    Would eat. As a side dish. With garlic mashed potatoes and an actual steak. Made of beef. From a cow. Like God intended.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    It's PALEO!

Paleo-Roasted-Cabbage-Steaks.jpg
  • FutureMrsHills
    FutureMrsHills Posts: 7
    edited January 2015
    Options
    It's PALEO!

Paleo-Roasted-Cabbage-Steaks.jpg
    Daiako wrote: »
    Would eat. As a side dish. With garlic mashed potatoes and an actual steak. Made of beef. From a cow. Like God intended.
    emily_stew wrote: »
    I'd search for and post a gif of someone crying a single tear, but I'm at work right now and don't really have the time.
    Why do people insist on calling things that are not steak, steak? This is sliced roasted cabbage. Which, admittedly, looks kinda good...as a side for STEAK MADE OF MEAT.
    DavPul wrote: »
    THIS IS NOT A REAL THING
    Nothing can replace REAL STEAK
    What the?

No.

Any fule kno that cabbage and bacon is the way forward.
    This is meant as a side dish to go alongside an ACTUAL steak, right? ...Right? Because if not...

tumblr_m7t4n8Nnzi1r4yfyx.gif
    _errata_ wrote: »
    9L9bOKF.gif

Honestly, I'm just sharing a recipe for something that I made, that I thought my friends would be interested in, also for all the dbags like omg this isn't a steak wah wah wah, BEEF STEAK is a thing, but STEAK is just the CUT that's why there is roast, ribs, t-bone, sirloin, prime rib, ground etc. etc. It's pretty sad that you have nothing better to do, beside troll forums and insult people's posts..... And this is exactly why I don't use forums.
  • DavPul
    edited January 2015
    Options

Honestly, I'm just sharing a recipe for something that I made, that I thought my friends would be interested in, also for all the dbags like omg this isn't a steak wah wah wah, BEEF STEAK is a thing, but STEAK is just the CUT that's why there is roast, ribs, t-bone, sirloin, prime rib, ground etc. etc. It's pretty sad that you have nothing better to do, beside troll forums and insult people's posts..... And this is exactly why I don't use forums.

But....what does this even mean? Are you suggesting that if I cut cauliflower correctly I can enjoy a delicious cauliflower steak?
  • DavPul
    Options
    Daiako wrote: »

You mean Cow Steak?
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

But....what does this even mean? Are you suggesting that if I cut cauliflower correctly I can enjoy a delicious cauliflower steak?

There is a restaurant in my city that has a "T-bone cauliflower steak" on the menu. The best part is, it's only $14.95.
  • FutureMrsHills
    Options

There is a restaurant in my city that has a "T-bone cauliflower steak" on the menu. The best part is, it's only $14.95.

EXACTLY THANK YOU!
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options

EXACTLY THANK YOU!

I find it ridiculous, FYI. I'm not paying $15 for cauliflower.