Gluten free since July 2014

Options
Anyone else gluten free?

Replies

• MsTonyaRenee
    MsTonyaRenee Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with Celiacs about six months ago, after gaining 30 lbs of 70 that I lost, forcing me to go gluten free. Now that I am getting the hang of gluten free, I am trying to master losing weight while being gluten free :)
  • PwrLftr82
    PwrLftr82 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I've got Celiac, been gluten-free for over two years now.
  • NJGamerChick
    NJGamerChick Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I was dx gluten sensitive recently after being gf almost 4 years. Doctor won't subject me to gluten for IgA/IgG testing.

It's tough sometimes, but very much worth it if it makes you sick. Hang in there, Tanya! Once you heal you'll find your body will respond differently to food overall.
  • PopsJackets
    PopsJackets Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Gluten free since 2012. Was diagnosed with Hashis and received advice to drop gluten. I just committed to dropping gluten free items as well since they're making me feel sick too! Back to whole foods, meats, veggies, fruits trying to feel better.
  • dacra
    dacra Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am thinking of trying the paleo diet, and keeping it gluten free. I was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease when I was 19 and was diagnosed with Colitis three months ago. I feel like my body is telling me to start listening to it more, but I am quite stubborn. Anyone had success with Paleo? ~ And how long did it take for you all to notice a difference with inflammation/bloating when you switched to gluten free? My doctor suggested it as well.
  • Eire228
    Eire228 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking about going gluten free for a while. I get bloated really easily, and sometimes I wonder if it's related to gluten. But I really dislike some of the gluten free products! Gluten free pasta and crackers are terrible (at least I think so, with what I've tried in the past). :\ So it's kept me from trying it.
  • skygirll
    skygirll Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Eire228 wrote: »
    I've been thinking about going gluten free for a while. I get bloated really easily, and sometimes I wonder if it's related to gluten. But I really dislike some of the gluten free products! Gluten free pasta and crackers are terrible (at least I think so, with what I've tried in the past). :\ So it's kept me from trying it.

If you want to go gf, don't buy any gf products! Just eat real food!

• skygirll
    skygirll Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    dacra wrote: »
    I am thinking of trying the paleo diet, and keeping it gluten free. I was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease when I was 19 and was diagnosed with Colitis three months ago. I feel like my body is telling me to start listening to it more, but I am quite stubborn. Anyone had success with Paleo? ~ And how long did it take for you all to notice a difference with inflammation/bloating when you switched to gluten free? My doctor suggested it as well.

I'm a Celiac. My uncle has crohn' s and I wish he'd go gf! I think you should start with paleo. lots of reactions to food are gone in a week so it shouldn't take long to see /feel a difference.

• Eire228
    Eire228 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    skygirll wrote: »
    Eire228 wrote: »

If you want to go gf, don't buy any gf products! Just eat real food!

But sometimes, a gal just needs a little pasta in her life.

:)
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Yes. Best I've felt in years. Bye bye stomach cramps, bloating, excessive gas. I don't care whether people think there is no such thing as gluten sensitivity.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    We have also been gluten free, dairy free and sugar free since the summer.