sugar addict needs support!

Options
Hey everybody,
I'm not here so much to lose weight as to be healthier and more accountable. I have a sugar addiction (really, not just like "ooh I love chocolate so much I'm addicted", but I have an intolerance that goes hand in hand with addiction). And over the holidays I got into the sweets something terrible. So now I'm trying to stay motivated to stop sneaking the sugary stuff when nobody is looking. Oy vey. Any encouragement or tips/advice would be welcome!

Replies

• Fit4My3Boys
    Options
    Feel free to add me! My biggest love/hate relationships are sweets and carbs!
  • leeloo54
    leeloo54 Posts: 112
    Options
    Thank you :-)
  • kpringlechip
    kpringlechip Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I haven't found a sweet that I could walk away from..lol. I was literally shakibg yesterday when someone offered me a milkshake.
  • PopsJackets
    PopsJackets Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I love sugar so much but it doesn't love me.
  • endogirrl
    Options
    I'm such a sugar junkie
  • blingdiva619
    Options
    I love sweets I'm a junky for sure!! Lol
  • nilushi
    nilushi Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Pls add me cuz I am a major sugar addict myself.. And my family have diabetes.. But i still do
  • HockeyGoalie35
    HockeyGoalie35 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    took me 2 weeks to get over my extreme cravings for fast food [comes from the high sugar]. All it takes is a little time, the body forms habits in as little as 14 days
  • sheraisawesome
    sheraisawesome Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Would love to be added by you guys. I have a serious sugar problem that I would like to get rid of so I can start feeling better.
  • cassandra884
    cassandra884 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Boy do I know what you mean! Sugar addiction is a legit thing. The terrible thing is, people can manage life without alcohol, cocaine, etc., but managing a life without sugar is almost impossible. It's everywhere!! I'm glad I'm not alone in this struggle.
    Feel free to add me. Best of luck, everyone!
  • mummysfraggle
    Options
    Hi all,
    I have an extremely low ability to say no to anything sugary!! I'm in Australia and would love some more MFP friends for support!
    I've just started a LCFH (Low Carb High Fat) lifestyle to help me kick my sugar habit!
    Cheers
    :smile:
  • yash_hh
    yash_hh Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I was once like you... now I'm back to a realtively normal. I used the 5:2 System and was very impressed by it. Lost 23 Kg in the last year and now starting to see my abs. I try to write my stats in english. So feel free to add me and write me if you got any questions.