A life changing 7 months - 6 sizes and 63 lbs lost

Options
This has been a life changing 7 months for me. I blogged about it in October - link if you're interested in reading it.

Some days I still can't believe I did it! I'm 5"4', weighed 192 lbs and was a size 18. Something had to change and one day I just made the decision to start getting healthier. Once I saw results, after a few weeks, I was even more motivated to keep going. Today I'm so happy to be a size 6 and weigh 129 lbs!

The best part is how great I feel! Myfitnesspal has definitely helped me meet my goal and continues to help me maintain and stay healthy.

Replies

• laurende1022
    laurende1022 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! That is an amazing transformation.
  • yasmine334
    yasmine334 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Congrats :)
  • bri_chr_kha
    Options
    You look great..Congrats! :)
  • Imcharmed
    Imcharmed Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, well done you.
  • danibu98
    danibu98 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    This is so inspiring! Glad you posted it!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Inspiring. I love to see progress from women the same height as well.
  • ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Woo Hoo! Good for you. This is where I hope to be in a few months. :)
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I"m the same height as you. You're an inspiration!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!! Good for you!
  • yumagringa
    yumagringa Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this! I'm in a similar situation and this helps so much. Congratulations!
  • bookjunkie54
    bookjunkie54 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much!
  • ichigofruit
    ichigofruit Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You look incredible! Well done! Did you do it all by diet alone? What kind of changes did you make?
  • bookjunkie54
    Options
    You look incredible! Well done! Did you do it all by diet alone? What kind of changes did you make?

Thank you! Yes, diet alone. I honestly hate to exercise. I started by giving up sweets and pop. Only coffee for breakfast. Salad every day for lunch. Then measured my dinners. Measuring was key for me not to go over 1200 calories. I allowed myself sweets once in awhile and I'm a wine drinker - so I built that in too. Lol. It was hard at first and I was always hungry. After a month my stomach got used to less calories and I would get fuller faster. Then the lbs just kept coming off. I could still eat pretty much anything as long as it's measured and within reason. Once you see results, it's a lot easier to stick with it!
  • igsalem
    igsalem Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Did you start at 1200 calories and stay at 1200 since the beginning of your journey? Please share.
  • mcmama15
    mcmama15 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's a big accomplishment in a short time. Congrats! Hope my journey is as successful! I'm amazed at how the process of simply tracking calories consumed lead to my scale beginning to finally budge, showing decreasing numbers each day....love the simplicity of it!!
  • bookjunkie54
    Options
    igsalem wrote: »
    Did you start at 1200 calories and stay at 1200 since the beginning of your journey? Please share.

Yes, I've been on 1200 calories the entire time. I'm still at 1200 right now because I'd like to lose 4 more and once I do that, I plan to increase the calories slowly and maintain. I don't plan to increase more than 1500 a day.
  • bookjunkie54
    Options
    mcmama15 wrote: »
    Wow, that's a big accomplishment in a short time. Congrats! Hope my journey is as successful! I'm amazed at how the process of simply tracking calories consumed lead to my scale beginning to finally budge, showing decreasing numbers each day....love the simplicity of it!!

Thanks! I agree - I never imagined I'd have such great results just from this. I don't exercise at all so it really blew me away that counting calories is all I needed to do. It did make me so much more knowledgeable about what I eat and how bad things are for me. That's something I never considered before I started this. It's eye opening!
  • Sandra_M
    Sandra_M Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Well done! Great story and it gives us all hope. Thanks for posting.
  • PlantBasedforLifeFOK
    Options
    Great Job! This is a perfect personal reminder that it takes time and consistency to get the results you desire! :)
  • tbritt8307
    Options
    congratulations!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!