Too Full --- Need more Calories

Options
2»

Replies

• GemmaM_x
    GemmaM_x Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Also, when weight training, don't focus too much on the scales. I fluctuate wildly!

Take photos and compare once a month. You'll be amazed at the difference if you've stuck with it :smile:

I figure it's better to 'only' lose half a pound, and that be mostly fat, and not muscle. It'll be a slower road, but it's easier to maintain muscle mass than gain it back at the end!
  • AprylMunro
    AprylMunro Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Awesome GX. I'm 5'0 and recently lost 20 pounds by limiting my calories. Now I'm trying to eat more, as recommended. It's tough though after training yourself to not eat that much. I appreciate your feedback.

Loving the weights, and I feel better, but my measurements are not going down as well as the last 10
  • brain328
    brain328 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    AprylMunro wrote: »
    I have this problem that I can't get over. I have 10 more pounds to lose, and I'm trying to eat 1350 cals a day and I'm burning around 300-500 calories in workouts daily. The trouble is, once I get to 1100 cals, I'm full. I don't want to eat anymore and I'm forcing myself to.

Any advice?

Protein shakes help :)
  • GemmaM_x
    GemmaM_x Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    It really is! I used to be a firm believer in 1200 calories, until last year and it is a massive change you have to make to your mindset! Don't be scared of good fats, they're great for getting your calories up.

Just think how hard it will be to gain that muscle back, stick with the strength training! You need these calories to fuel your workouts, else you'll end up, as I did, with persistent colds, general lethargy and feeling exhausted! :neutral_face:

If you fancy some extra support or food suggestions, feel free to add me; my diary is open to friends.
  • lucretiaderoso
    lucretiaderoso Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Protein bars can fill that gap pretty easily. Just aim for a brand that fills the nutritional needs you have. I personally like Pure Protein brand. Roughly 180-200 calories with 18-21 grams protein and very little sugar. It also helps me to keep my water intake up because you need to drink a full glass of water with them.
  • chiilipepper
    chiilipepper Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    How long have you been trying to eat 1300 calories??? the reason I ask its because at the beginning of a new regimen its hard to eat all the calories and we constantly feel full. Once you get your metabolism faster your body will ask you for more food. Maybe try to eat 2.5 to 3 hours to speed things up. You can have some as easy as a protein shake 100% whey and that's a liquid meal but its gives your body the calories and protein you need. Make sure to see grams of sugar and protein. Hope this help!
  • Shoechick5
    Shoechick5 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Tablespoon of peanut butter
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    AprylMunro wrote: »
    Thanks everyone. I'm trying not to go under 1350 calories while lifting weights and doing cardio. I need to be healthy and that's why I'm struggling right now with that. It's a weird phase I've never experienced before.

If anyone could check out my food diary and offer a critique, that would be awesome. I guess, just keep eating?

You don't need to eat more volume...you need to eat more calorie dense foods. Eat more dietary fat...dietary fat doesn't make you fat. Cook with oils, use full fat salad dressings and what not...eat some nuts and/or avocados...eat fattier cuts of meat, etc.

Almost everyone I know who has this issue is scared of dietary fat and they have this notion that it's "unhealthy"...dietary fat is an essential macro-nutrient and not getting enough is what is unhealthy.