Amanda's weight loss journey 137 pounds to shred!!!

Options
2»

Replies

Options
    My advice to all those weight-losers (not calling anyone a loser, mind you) :) out there would be this: Strength training is important, possibly more important than cardio because it'll give you tone when you're at the end of your weight-loss journey. Don't freak out if the scale jumps up when you start; muscle weights MORE than fat. Just put on clothes and you'll notice that they're looser than before despite the fact that you've "gained" weight.

Also, calorie counting is important. My weight went up because I thought I was eating less than I really was, and only after I began calorie counting did I realize how much more I was really eating. It's 80% diet, and 20% exercise. Just look at the Japanese people. Most of them are as skinny as rails. Do you think it's because they work out like bears? Nope; it's because they have a diet of fish, rice, and hardly any sugar or dessert. I would say that most Americans (or at least me) are overweight because we eat too much.
  • bingbing816
    Options
    I'm in the same boat.... At my highest weight, I had 150 to lose. I've lost 50ish and would be content with another 50. I can't even picture myself beyond that.
  • spoonwalker
    spoonwalker Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm out to lose 180+ lbs and would love to help encourage anyone that needs it!!! Sticking togetherr is the best thing to do!! WWWWOOOOOOOOO! We got this!
  • skycat1256
    Options
    I would love support, too. Just joined myp today. Best wishes on your journey!!