weighting ourself

Options
why do have to weigh ourself everyday.i think it discourages some people.what do you tink

Replies

• Kimmy_1109
    Options
    I have been exploring MFP throughout the day. I don't think you need to weigh yourself everyday. I think under the exercise tab there is a spot that says "check in" and there you can put in weekly measurements. I too think daily would be discouraging, but once a week or maybe even every other week would be good.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    It helps to know my hydration level per our Health O Meter scales. If one finds it discourage that would be another thing. I just like to know.
  • zorayap
    Options
    I never weigh myself. I put a random number for my weight. Rather go by inches and the way my clothes fit.
  • KimsTakingControl
    KimsTakingControl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I try not to weigh myself everyday but I have to. I just can't not weigh myself. Its not healthy but I literally can't control it.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    You don't have to weigh yourself every day. Do it when you feel like it. I weigh every day because I want the data.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    It does discourage some. Weigh weekly, biweekly, monthly, or never if you'd like.
  • alecdlewis1
    alecdlewis1 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    During loss, I weigh myself once a month. During maintenance, I weigh once a week. Pictures work far better- or even measurements. Weight fluctuations can range from .5 lbs to 8 lbs depending on if your working out- what kind you're doing, your salt intake and H2O intake as well.
    - If you're aiming to loose a large amount, over 10 lbs, weigh in the first time just to get a ground level, then put the scale up. Take before photos then put them away. take initial measurements and keep that next to your computer for the next month. in 3 months do everything again.
  • gailmelanie
    gailmelanie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I saw a doctor say once on a medical forum, "What gets measured gets managed." He was referring to any number of indicators of health; BP, blood sugar, cholesterol, weight, waist circumference, etc. It's up to you whether you use the scale or some other indicator of size/weight/fitness, but it is good to measure progress in some way.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I'm just completing a project where I've weighed myself daily for about 48 days. I was looking for (unexplained) patterns of weight gain and loss. As I suspected, my monthly cycle has an impact. I also learned that my weight can fluctuate as much as three pounds in a single day!

So I don't take the scale that seriously.

Before this project began and afterwards I only weigh myself once a week. I don't really count a gain or loss unless it is over five pounds.

Someone at MFP pointed me to http://www.weightgrapher.com/ which handily averages my results. Much kinder than the individual readings.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh myself every 2 weeks. I know the number fluctuates daily which is why I don't weigh every day. It's too depressing and I'm anxious. So I usually do it on a Wednesday every 2-3 weeks.