Building a support group!

Options
I'm just starting at 230 lbs. I want to be 150 I'm 5'4 and 33. I have 3 young kids and work out at home! I'm looking to add new friends to my list! Please add me

Replies

• HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Hey, you can do it! I'm 6' 230lbs, 37 yrs old with three young kids too. I started at about 400lbs (yes...that sucked) but just took my time and trudged on. Good luck to you! :smile:
  • jenncamp03
    jenncamp03 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the loss! I'm really hoping I can stick to it and keep it off. I was 150 and gained after I lost my dad a year ago it took a year for it to pack on!
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Hello, I have been on mfp for about 15 months, lost 34lbs but still have a long way to go.

Anyone is welcome to friend me but the following are MUSTS for me.
    1. You log onto mfp regularly
    2. You comment on post and not just use the like button.
    3. The support is two way and you give support to me in return for the support I give to you.

I do delete those that do not support and comment as I want to be a supportive friend on this journey.
    Good Luck to you all.
  • Sidneysider
    Sidneysider Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new here. I'm 5'5" , 194 lbs.Want to be 145-150. Planning to go on strict diet and exercise. But I'm kind food addict. It will be very tough. Tried and lost so many times. Have to see how this time goes
  • Elyssa1016e
    Options
    Hello my name is Elyssa I am 19 years old I have use mfp before, I stopped and decided to start back up again. Before starting mfp I was weighed 245 and I think starting college and dealing with personal issues is what caused the weight gain from the end of my senior year and it followed me to college. But I knew I had to get my life and weight back on track and being hypothyroid only made it harder but now I weigh 200lb I have lost a total of 45lbs and continue to try and loose 5lbs at a time. Feel free to add me. :)
  • SamLyons12
    Options
    I am 26 years old mother of two... Starting around the same weight! Looking to los 90-95lbs! I've struggled all my motherhood life with this weight(8yrs)and looking for some really good support system as well :)
  • Sidneysider
    Options
    I have been struggling with this weight for 5 yrs. I have rheumatoid arthritis and that is one of my many reasons to gain weight. Well I'm planning to go to swimming, walking and doing hula hoop. My options are limited because of pain in my knees. I know only part swimming i.e, swimming with the kick board. My diet will be multigrain pancakes for breakfast. Mixed fruit and veggie juice, buttermilk. That way I will get vitamins and minerals from fruits and veggies, carbs and protein from grains and lentils.
  • Andrea1024
    Andrea1024 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 30, mother of two, 239lbs right now. I need support from others and people to share meal ideas with.
  • Sidneysider
    Options
    Doing my hula hoop. Want to finish 5000 rounds today. Never did that much before.
  • AWordyGirly
    AWordyGirly Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hey all, so I'm a newbie and I'm blogging my way through my weightloss journey. Hoping to build up a network of support and friends here so please add me and check out my blog at https://awordygirly.wordpress.com/ :-)
  • 1musicgrl
    1musicgrl Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hey guys. I'm 27 with about 90 lbs. to lose. Off to a great start and really excited for it. You can feel free to add me if you like.
  • Jrdswife904
    Jrdswife904 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hey...I am 31 stay at home mom with 3 girls ready to get my last baby weight off...We got this....Love to meet new people!! Feel free to add me :)
  • ellavader
    ellavader Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'll add you as a friend.
    I have just started up on mfp again and I love the fact that you can access the forum now. I'm looking for friends to motivate and support :)
  • Michouz2014
    Michouz2014 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, I will add you as well. Strength in unity. I have 2 children, work out of the house, with a crazy sched. I have just started mfp beginning jan. after a 2 week hiatus. You got this!
  • HQuinn96
    HQuinn96 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I would love to have support and support you since I am starting at 215 and want to be at 145 and I am 5'5"... I know that we can do it!!
  • Kristi130
    Kristi130 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have a wonderful husband and two teenage boys. I'm 36 started out at 250lbs back in April 2014, Was able to get down to 216lbs, but have gained back at least 10lbs over the Christmas holiday, would love to have support. Thank you to anyone who adds me as a friend!
  • bettyroug54
    Options
    I would love to give and receive support! I am 60 years old and am 195 standing at 5'4." Need to get back to my 134 weight. My problem is I am recovering from hip replacement surgery and cannot yet exercise (or walk very well yet) so I am a bit dissatisfied with myself. I know what is healthy, but I am addicted to sugar!! This is going to be a challenge for me too! I am widowed; but have three wonderful sons, a beautiful daughter-in-law and two grandsons that are my life!
  • DorisBakes
    DorisBakes Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Jenn!!
    I've got little ones too and have about 50 pounds to lose. I also work out at home or outside, just not at a gym. We can do this!!
    jenncamp03 wrote: »
    I'm just starting at 230 lbs. I want to be 150 I'm 5'4 and 33. I have 3 young kids and work out at home! I'm looking to add new friends to my list! Please add me

• kirstieannlittle
    kirstieannlittle Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Heyy, i dont know how to add people. Ive just found out about this amazing app. Would love to meet some new people! Support each other type thing :) please add :) ill try to figure out how to add! Good luck with the weightloses guys :) xxx
  • bettyroug54
    Options
    I don't know how to add people either. This type of thread always confuses me. I guess I am just too used to Facebook!