Calories to maintain

Options
My daughter is coming in from college and I know we are going out to eat, drink and be merry. I will be cooking her favorites which are high fat high carb. Can someone tell me how many calories I can eat to maintain 179 lbs. 5'5

Replies

• SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    You also need to know your activity level. You can put your information in here to find out: http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Add your deficit to your goal...if your deficit is a pound a week, add 500 calories...two pounds, add 1000 calories. Now, if you're on 1200 calories, check what your expected loss per week is and go from there so you don't overshoot.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    My daughter is coming in from college and I know we are going out to eat, drink and be merry. I will be cooking her favorites which are high fat high carb. Can someone tell me how many calories I can eat to maintain 179 lbs. 5'5

Alternately, you could set your MFP goal to maintain and see what number the site gives you.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    why not just input that information into this calculator and let it calculate that for you? just select to maintain instead of lose weight.
  • princessnarmor
    princessnarmor Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I forgot it did that thanks
  • princessnarmor
    princessnarmor Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I just don't wanna lose my progress. I've had to fight for it
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    You'll be fine :)
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    You will be just fine! You are already looking for the number to maintain so you are consciously aware! Getting that maintenance number and logging during this time will keep you accountable!

You are well on your way!