My belly is in competition with my boobs.

Options
:\ Yeah - so, my belly seems to be on a mission to stick out further than my boobies do, but I refuse to let it win.

I'll have you all know that this isn't the first time it's rebelled, and violated my... sexy, for lack of better words, by slowly transforming itself into something very big... and... round, as opposed to being what I want it to be, which is flat - you know, like people once thought the earth was. :)

My plan is to sabotage my belly's treacherous intentions with measuring tools, which of course, shall assist me with cutting food portion into smaller, suitable amounts. Whereas, my belly once found itself living to eat, I will now forcibly cause it to eat to live. Additionally, I plan to beat my rebellious belly into further submission via high-impact aerobics (Cardio, that is) circuit workouts, coupled with training videos specifically designed for targeting/minimizing the abdominal area, and building strength.

I know it's in your heart to wish me luck, but don't. For I don't need luck, luck is for someone who's gambling on something, and this here folks, is not a gamble. It's actually a guaranteed victory. The things I plan to do simply requires patience and endurance, two core ingredients of which I already possess.

Well, guess that's all you need to know about me, or perhaps it's more applicable to say that that's all you need to know about my rebellious belly - be it that I never revealed my name... or anything I think one would normally reveal during an introduction of themselves... but bleh, whatever.

Run along now, there's nothing more to see here.

Go ahead...

Cor-cor, carry on now guys.

Bye. :)

Replies

• ftydd
    ftydd Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I thoroughly enjoyed reading your introduction, it was very motivating for me!
  • amberskinner
    amberskinner Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I believe if my boobs where still my natural ones the belly would have passed it a long time ago!
  • deleteme2015
    Options
    You're most welcome tfydd, it's soothing to know that my inter-web-spiel did not go out void and unseen. Had there of been no reply to this post, I'd of had to sadly assume that I was talking and introducing myself to myself.
  • PinUp2014
    PinUp2014 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Fabulous!

And I know exactly the fight as my middle keeps trying to become the Apple of the Fruit of the Loom guys....
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I'm pear shaped so I don't have that issue, but if my butt were my belly, it definitely would be ahead in the race right now...
  • Inshape13
    Inshape13 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I so want to be your friend just for your witty posts that would have me cracking up. Nicely done OP.
  • ToniaH75
    Options
    Love this! Best introduction i have read on here yet!!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately those workouts that "target" the stomach/core/belly don't really do much. Losing fat is like trying to dry out a sponge, you can't dry a corner while the rest of it is still wet. Abdominal work doesn't burn belly fat.

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1
  • deleteme2015
    deleteme2015 Posts: 23
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Lmao Amberskinner, I once wanted small breast, but now, I'm feeling rather jolly that my boob-cups are a size, 4th letter of the alphabet, times 2 - after reading your comment. Otherwise, I'm certain strangers, and family members that I haven't seen in a while would be justified in assuming that I'm almost 8 to 9 months pregnant... be it that not to long ago I saw a (9 months) pregnant woman on Youtube with a 36" belly - and wouldn't you believe that my belly is 36" round right now! Whattttttttttttttttttttttt! And I'm only 5ft-4.3 quarts by the way.
  • ThinByThanksgiving
    ThinByThanksgiving Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Great catchy title!
  • deleteme2015
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Unfortunately those workouts that "target" the stomach/core/belly don't really do much. Losing fat is like trying to dry out a sponge, you can't dry a corner while the rest of it is still wet. Abdominal work doesn't burn belly fat.

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1

Thanks for the tip and due to my personal past experiences, I must say that I agree. My belly-fat has always trimmed down (rather quickly might I add) if, and only if, I do high-impact cardio workouts, for at least 30 minutes a day. I only add the additional 3 to 5 minutes of "targeting moves" to make myself feel as if I'm making more progress than I really am. But hey, at the end of the day, I suppose it's not a total waste, I mean... I think anything that requires me to move around and be active helps, be it that I'm what many would call a couch potato.
  • deleteme2015
    Options
    Inshape13 wrote: »
    I so want to be your friend just for your witty posts that would have me cracking up. Nicely done OP.

<3

• kss1231
    kss1231 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Awesome post! You would definitely inspire me to log on each day just to read your posts!
  • Catback2015
    Options
    Great post and a lot of motivation Flr the rest of us! love the two parts of endurance and patience...I'm learning both :) cheers to the boobies staying bigger than your tummy!!! This ap is perfect for portion control, keep us posted and welcome
  • TinaTimTam
    TinaTimTam Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I feel exactly the same way about my big fat belly and I just started jogging and dieting yesterday. For me the hardest thing is dieting since I can't cook if my life depended on it. I've tried the nutrisystem food program but it only worked for a week then nothing and I can't eat their food more than once a day because it's not as good as they make it seem. I've got 30lbs to lose which includes by belly and 4 chins lol. Anyways thanks for this post it's very motivating :D
  • kaydoh2014
    kaydoh2014 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Well I know what that's like but in a different way...never having had perky boobs to begin with, now at my semi-advanced age my girls are rapidly slipping not just south, but southwest and southeast! I keep saying if money were no object I'd have my boobs done, but not bigger. Just UP. And FRONT. Like they're SUPPOSED to be!

But seriously, I hear what you're saying. Oh boy, do I! And I THOROUGHLY respect your grit, determination, and belief in yourself! Extremely admirable qualities. Cheers to showing the girls who wears the pants in your relationship!
  • deleteme2015
    Options
    kaydoh2014 wrote: »
    Well I know what that's like but in a different way...never having had perky boobs to begin with, now at my semi-advanced age my girls are rapidly slipping not just south, but southwest and southeast! I keep saying if money were no object I'd have my boobs done, but not bigger. Just UP. And FRONT. Like they're SUPPOSED to be!

But seriously, I hear what you're saying. Oh boy, do I! And I THOROUGHLY respect your grit, determination, and belief in yourself! Extremely admirable qualities. Cheers to showing the girls who wears the pants in your relationship!

I'm so tickled @ southeast and southwest.

Cheers.

• deleteme2015
    deleteme2015 Posts: 23
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I feel exactly the same way about my big fat belly and I just started jogging and dieting yesterday. For me the hardest thing is dieting since I can't cook if my life depended on it. I've tried the nutrisystem food program but it only worked for a week then nothing and I can't eat their food more than once a day because it's not as good as they make it seem. I've got 30lbs to lose which includes by belly and 4 chins lol. Anyways thanks for this post it's very motivating :D

Try looking up recipes that require tossing meat in the oven, with little to no preparation. Pre-cooked meats (such as grilled chicken) that only requires 15 minutes of warming in the oven is even easier. And if you can boil a hot-dog, you can definitely steam some vegetables to go with your oven baked meat. And when in doubt pop a potato in the oven for an hour.

• HappyGramps
    HappyGramps Posts: 10 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Well, my belly is in competition with my feet and another "extremity", but then I'm an old geezer male. :D

Thanks for your open and fun post! We all need more levity in this most difficult journey. Best wishes for success to all!

If anyone wants an old geezer friend, feel free to add me. I know I can use all the help and support I can get!!