Carbs

Options
I feel like I eat way too many carbs... Does this affect weight loss? Or is it all dependent on calories?

Replies

• moto450
    moto450 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry too much about carbs. Because the main point is making sure you are eating healthier foods, and watching your calorie intake. if you're watching your calories and eating healthy you will lose weight. It does matter, but not enough to really stress about. I have lost about 70 pounds over the past 7 months, and my diet consists of between 50 and 60 percent carbs each day. What percentage of carbs are you eating daily?
  • Krueger92
    Krueger92 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Calories in vs Calories out. That's really what it comes down to.
  • laurenelsa88
    laurenelsa88 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Probably like 75% ... it's bad.
  • flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    No.

A calorie deficit is how you lose weight, regardless of what kind of foods.

I've had rice, pasta, bread, brownies and all manner of deliciousness... But with small portions and keeping a moderate deficit, I'm on track and have lost about a pound and a quarter this week (although I didn't lose for two weeks cuz I was sick and then Christmas but... Yeah). Point is, I lost weight eating what I like. You can too.
  • Krueger92
    Krueger92 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    For weight loss that's fine, if your eating in a deficit. For health purposes, probably not. Not getting adequate amounts of protein and fats.
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options

No
  • flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    Options

No

+1
  • moto450
    moto450 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    75% is a bit high. I love my carbs too. But the previous poster was right. It really isn't that big of a deal. I would think you should be just fine.just make sure you are getting your proteins, and Veggies as much as possible too. Staying within your calorie limit of course
  • Jh0ught0
    Options
    Hey el p.s. Im laurens boy friend i think carbs are good my dads a health master and thats all i think he eats haha
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

If you're not going over your calorie defecit then you will continue to lose weight, however that's probably a little high for nutritional balance, particularly if following a lifting programme

It also might be difficult to stay full

I eat a lot of carbs, probably 50% but I also try to hit 100g protein minimum daily ...I don't worry too much about it though