my name is Rose and I'm a carbaholic!

Options
I need help not eating 40% carbs it's in my allowance but I need to find alternatives any suggestions?

Replies

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Hi, Rose!

I don't think carbaholics have sponsors, lol. :)

Just take a good look at your food every day and see where you can make tweaks. Adjust as necessary. It's a long journey, so you get better as you go. :)
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »

Just take a good look at your food every day and see where you can make tweaks. Adjust as necessary. It's a long journey, so you get better as you go. :)

Yes. And remember for weight loss, it's calories that matter more than macros. But I find it's better to focus on the things I'm under on rather than the thing I'm over on. Try to eat more of the categories you're missing (protein, amirite?).
  • Kalikel
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »

Yes. And remember for weight loss, it's calories that matter more than macros. But I find it's better to focus on the things I'm under on rather than the thing I'm over on. Try to eat more of the categories you're missing (protein, amirite?).
    I think everyone is different, but a lot of people have said they first got their calories under control, then started tying to eat foods that made them feel fuller, then began concentrations on things like macros, fiber, sodium, etc. seems to work for many.

Protein is my big issue, lol. It's so hard to eat foods you don't want just to meet numbers. I still suspect that I may just not need the number that most people are supposed to get, lol. That's what I like to tell myself when I don't want more protein foods, lol. :)
  • guidryrm2
    guidryrm2 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My protein is ok I think..why oh why DOESN'T carbaholics have a support group @Kalikel‌?
    So I should focus more on staying under my calories and not on each item correct? Thank you guys for responding! @Kalikel‌ and @obscuremusicreference‌
  • Kalikel
    Options
    guidryrm2 wrote: »
    My protein is ok I think..why oh why DOESN'T carbaholics have a support group @Kalikel‌?
    So I should focus more on staying under my calories and not on each item correct? Thank you guys for responding! @Kalikel‌ and @obscuremusicreference‌
    You should focus on whatever your little heart desires! It's your journey and you have to choose your own paths.

If weight loss is the #1 goal, though, get those calories under control. :)
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Yeah, Kalikel is right that it's often easier to get into calorie counting by focusing on calories solely in the beginning. Log honestly and accurately, even when the truth isn't pretty.

You will lose while eating excess carbs.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    What if you replace simple carbs with complex ones? Such as, instead of white bread, eat a sweet potato.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    *while* sticking to your calorie limit, for best results.
  • CADAVER0USB0N3S
    CADAVER0USB0N3S Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Try having more lean protein and green leafy veggies. If you are having a burger/sandwich only have half the bun or wrap it in lettuce. Have a taco salad instead of tacos with shells/burritos etc. Little stuff like that adds up!
  • guidryrm2
    guidryrm2 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks u guys rock! Yes honesty is the hardest thing..u can lie to yourself but not the scale :)
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »
    What if you replace simple carbs with complex ones? Such as, instead of white bread, eat a sweet potato.

Why?
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Guidry,

For weight loss it's calories in/calories out.

For nutrition and body composition it's macros, but you will gain weight on a diet or perfect marcos (if there is such a thing) if you eat more calories than you burn.

• Kalikel
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »
    Agreed. Switching to whole grain bread and pasta kicked a lot of my carbaholic tendencies. Still like carbs way more than protein, though!

It's worth a shot...if you can find whole grains that you like. Took me a while, lol.