Mom of 6 - you CAN do it!

ckmnacln
ckmnacln Posts: 370 Member
I get asked by a lot of people for help and tips. I am 5'2" and at my heaviest weighed 178. Six years ago after the birth of my 6th child I decided to lose weight. I began small by doing the Wii fit and jazzercise and eventually starting running. I ran my first half marathon only 7 months after starting my journey. I also cut my calories to 1500 per day which was hard because I'm so picky!!!!

I now do mostly elliptical and TurboFire due to injuries and recently started lifting. When I get asked so much about what to do I say just work hard. It's all about dedication!!! I was the laziest person in the world and now I could live at the gym!! Here are a few before/after pics.

aiv821f6eibz.jpg
ovpypaj0ryz3.jpg

And a few more at the gym

zfdmy9g525c7.jpg
v4ra9z9o65az.jpg

My son teases me about my "dude" arms but I'm proud! lol

Replies

• wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    wow...you look fantastic!
  • Healthy_4_Life2
    Healthy_4_Life2 Posts: 595 Member
    You are amazing!! Congratulations on your success!
  • Squamation
    Squamation Posts: 522 Member
    I am SUPER jealous over here over your "dude arms". Great job!
  • Oh WOW!!! You look incredible. And I love your arms...and shoulders. Superb!

I am like you in regards to hating the gym, now loving it. It was fun last night to workout and a couple resolutioners came up to me afterwards to compliment me on my hard work. I do it all for me but it was fun to hear what others think.

Congrats to you!
  • ckmnacln
    Thank you! I am trying to add friends but my phone isn't cooperating so I guess I will have to get to the laptop.

This is another one I like, it amazes me to see what my body is capable of!

iaxc77od44jd.jpg
  • haildodger
    haildodger Posts: 181 Member
    Congratulations! You look amazing. :)
  • BeckyNaturoMommy
    BeckyNaturoMommy Posts: 187 Member
    NO EXCUSES!!!! Great job, mama!
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    WOW you look great
  • palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member
    Congrats on your success and sticking to it. It is a great motivation for me. I have only been doing this for six months, have lost 30 pounds, and just started weight training. It is a LONG road...but worth it. What else am I going to do lol?
  • sbrookes9
    sbrookes9 Posts: 445 Member
    Love those dude arms! Well done! (*)
  • astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    You look great! Can you share you current stats? You look tiny and fit!
  • jeanniebeanie59
    jeanniebeanie59 Posts: 141 Member
    great job, motivating me to get my work out in!
  • disneygallagirl
    disneygallagirl Posts: 515 Member
    you look awesome! congrats!
  • ckmnacln
    astrose00 wrote: »
    You look great! Can you share you current stats? You look tiny and fit!

I am 110 pounds now. I will say I am very small boned - 32-27-31 measurements. :/ lol

• Bellodesiderare
    Bellodesiderare Posts: 278 Member
    Wow!!! You look awesome!!!! You go girl!!
  • katlady13
    katlady13 Posts: 23 Member
    Wow what an amazing transformation :) I am 5' 2 too and started a few pounds higher than you. How long did it take you reach your current weight?
  • Edwardshar
    Edwardshar Posts: 271 Member
    Looking great keep up the hard work!
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    great job! Four kids here, they're no reason to hold yourself back that's for sure! I think they made my body stronger ;)
  • MisterZ33
    MisterZ33 Posts: 567 Member
    Great job, mom! My dude arms are a work in progress...
  • calichic74
    calichic74 Posts: 43 Member
    Congrats!!!! You look AMAZING!!!
  • ckmnacln
    katlady13 wrote: »
    Wow what an amazing transformation :) I am 5' 2 too and started a few pounds higher than you. How long did it take you reach your current weight?

It took me 8 months to go from 178 to 143 then another 7 to get to 112. I was stuck there for a looooong time then got down to 108, but with the lifting have actually gone up a couple pounds.
  • ErinK09
    ErinK09 Posts: 687 Member
    Very inspiring, congratulations! :D (*)
  • agbmom556
    agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member
    Thank you for the inspiration. I am also a mom working on my weight loss journey.
  • erojoy
    erojoy Posts: 554 Member

zfdmy9g525c7.jpg

Awesome seriously mind blowing! I wish I could see myself as being able to reach my goal.
  • Trerika
    Trerika Posts: 52 Member
    Amazing! Your hard work paid off, you look great!
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 646 Member
    Wow you are super amazing the best success story so far I can't believe the definition in your arms and your body is tight! I am super happy for you! Way to go! I am the same height as you and hope to be posting my own success story this time next year! Thanks for sharing! Thank you so much!
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Oooh! You are my new fitness hero! My highest weight and height are similar to yours, and I would be over the MOON to look anything like you. Looks like I'll need to really put in some work!!
  • kjdiaz91
    kjdiaz91 Posts: 6 Member
    It is so amazing to see you and your tiny body and so incredible that you have 6 kids! I was 17 and 107 when I got pregnant from my first (2009) and ended up weighing 187!!! I then lost 40 and then had my second (2012), and ended up weighing 177, I just started last month with the "idea" of being fit again. Ive lost already 21 pounds just by changing my diet. And my goal prior to reading your story was to get to 126, but I think I now want 110! :)
  • sheepotato
    sheepotato Posts: 600 Member
    Both you and your "dude arms" look amazing. Great job!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    You look amazing! I'm a mum of 3, youngest 8 months, and I'm aiming to have arms like yours! I looked pretty good before my third pregnancy, but I gained so much. How old is your youngest child? And how old are you, if you don't mind me asking?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!