Looking For A Great Support System

Options
SamLyons12
SamLyons12 Posts: 10
edited January 2015 in Motivation and Support
I am a 26 year old mother of two. I have struggled my whole mommy life(8) years with my weight. Recently went through surgery and ate my way through the depression. I am now the biggest I have ever been and looking for some pals to help me through this journey. I am looking to lose about 90-95lbs.. seems like with two little ones who loves to eat, it's hard for Momma not to have a extra bite or two :( any great advice or extra support and motivation would be AMAZING :)

Replies

• purebredpolly
    purebredpolly Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    You can add me! :)
  • hotcoffee692
    hotcoffee692 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Add me, too! I have two kids under the age of 6, so I know what it's like to be making snacks all the time and wanting to help myself to a taste...
  • SamLyons12
    Options
    Great thanks :) my hardest part about it all is, I LOVE food... I usually try to use diet pills, but always end up gaining it all back when I stop taking them, so this time I am trying to do it all on my own so it will be better in the long run, definitely a lot harder and I still crave alot of food but I know this way will be well more worth it..
  • Krueger92
    Krueger92 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Health and fitness is my life/career!
  • SamLyons12
    Options
    Krueger92 do you have any tips food or exercise ways to help cut down belly fat?
  • Krueger92
    Krueger92 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    SamLyons12 wrote: »
    Krueger92 do you have any tips food or exercise ways to help cut down belly fat?

Stay away from all trans fat and most saturated fats! Sadly cant spot reduce so diet hard be consistent and your body is already predetermined where fat loss will show first. But stick with it and the results will come!
  • notnikkisixx
    notnikkisixx Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site! I'm actually back to getting active on here after I gained back 10 of the 23 pounds I'd previously lost using MFP and tracking calories. If you ever need any healthy meal ideas, I track all my food and have been cooking mostly healthy for the last 2 1/2 years.
  • SamLyons12
    Options
    Thanks so much for the tips! And healthy meal plans would be great to, I haven't stopped the regular meals yet, but I discussed it with my husband today if he would be on board with me buying more healthy foods and eating healthier, if him and the kids would be in and they agreed, so will definitely have to make a list and get some HEALTHY groceries.. I just don't know where to start! Ahh....
  • Angelistic
    Options
    I personally find eating the total calorie intake (mine is 1500) before 6pm helpful, and having a very light dinner i.e. fruit. Also, my favourite things like cheese or cream cheese - what I do is only use half of what I would normally use (i.e. putting half of slice of cheese on a sandwich and replacing lettuce with spinach or romaine lettuce) = less calories and fat intake. Its my way of slowly leaning off the unhealthy foods I like.

I also love food and its my "go to" when I am stressed or depressed. But, think of it like this: you are doing this for yourself and to be a healthy mom and example for your wonderful kids. That itself is your strongest motivation. We all are still here to support you if you need us.

Best of luck SamLyons12 and hopefully some of the tips provided help.
  • Ashleymariee83
    Ashleymariee83 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm new here also. [well I loaded MFP a yr ago and am just now using it] seems we have some things in common. I'm a mommy of two. I started having trouble with my weight after I got pregnant with my oldest daughter (who is 7 1/2). My youngest is 20 months and I lost the 40 lbs I gained during my pregnancy rather quickly from breastfeeding. But I still would like to lose 60 lbs more. I actually gained 15lbs back over the past yr :-/ just from eating whatever I want and not exercising.
  • SamLyons12
    Options
    I have been doing 1200 calories, but I have noticed alot of others are doing 1400-1500, not sure if I am where I'm suppose to be.. and yes the tips definitely help! I appreciate all of them! I will take all I can get :) I am 100% dedicated, it's just the part of finding healthier foods and not wanting or craving so much all the time..
  • r0gu3
    r0gu3 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I've lost weight before but have let life get me down. I want to kick start a new life and new me!
  • Pacoloco
    Pacoloco Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat just started using fitbit I have to be healthy for my job and I have slipped over the past few years putting on weight making job harder to do and more dangerous I want to drop at least 50 lbs want to be healthier to keep up with kids as well any help and support is more than welcome
  • katherinemedina
    Options
    I need encouragement too!
  • notnikkisixx
    Options
    In my experience 1200 calories is just not sustainable for more than a month or two. When I first started on here I did 1200 at least 5 days a week for a month and a half and very quickly grew frustrated with it. I've found that I can still maintain a good loss around 1400-1500 net calories.

You've said you want to lose 90lbs, if you don't mind me asking, how much do you currently weigh? With so much weight to shed it might be healthier/more sustainable for you to slowly cut down your calories like 1800 for two weeks, then 1600, then 1400 but not below that.
  • SamLyons12
    Options
    Yeah , I've been confused on where u should should start with it.. for me I feel like I starve with the 1200 but I have been (struggling) staying at the 1200 a day.. I am 221lbs ,and I am 5'7..
  • notnikkisixx
    Options
    At that height and starting weight I DEFINITELY think you should try easing into it and never drop as low as 1200 net calories.

If I were you I'd start around 1800 calories/day for the first two weeks and really focus on meal planning and figuring out what foods fit into that. After that I think you'll be in a much better position to drop to the 1600-1400 range.