Bumming out...... ;(

Options
Why does food have to be an enemy?? I know it shouldn't be. I do sooooo good on calories, then I go over.... I am on the verge of giving up......

Replies

• Ibe_Theninja
    Options
    NOOOOOOO!!! I hear you! That is also my biggest battle everyday ..... you deserve better for yourself don't give in!!! :mad:
  • joyfoolous
    joyfoolous Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    dont give up! even if you arent losing you may be maintaining it better, or not gaining as fast as you would be. They say that anyone who records what they eat still eats less than if not because they are more aware. Dont give up, HANG IN THERE!!!!

you are way less than your heaviest and lost 6 pounds from starting, so you are doing well to me!
  • penny5
    penny5 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! Even if you go over on calories, this site has it set so that you are losing weight with the calories that it's set at, so even if you go over, you may still lose- just not as much. I hope that makes sense :smile: Just stay positive and add an extra workout to make up for it. Keep going though!!!
  • joyfoolous
    joyfoolous Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    NOOOOOOO!!! I hear you! That is also my biggest battle everyday ..... you deserve better for yourself don't give in!!! :mad:

many of our biggest battles lol
  • Hbartels
    Hbartels Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You've already come so far! Just remember that, even if you go over your calorie goal, you're still probably doing waaaaaay better than you would without the diet and will still be losing weight, just not as quickly as you would if you stuck to your plan. I have to remind myself of this constantly.
    Sometimes, if I accidentally go over, I make an effort to exercise just a little more that night, to negate it. You always have that power.
  • djohnson1987
    djohnson1987 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Drink more water and substitute low-calorie foods that can be eaten in large amounts - pickles, lettuce (no dressing!), carrots, fresh veggies, etc.

Get involved in an athletic activity of some sort like swimming, walking club, ultimate Frisbee - anything that makes exercise enjoyable! You can earn plenty of extra calories in a short amount of time.

Just don't don't don't give up!
  • mseab71
    mseab71 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Alicia,

What ever you do...do not give up! I know it is hard and sometimes we feel like we are just spinning in circles but that is just how deling with our weight goes. It is so hard for women.. Our weight flucuates so much and it is so hard for us women but I know you can push through this slump! Let all the people on this site who are struggling and pushing through help you push through! I would love for you to be my friend and then I can encourage you and then when I may be having a rough time you can encourage me :smile:

Keep your head up and push through... I know you can so this!!

Michelle
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Don't give up, don't give away your power, there is a solution that will work for you. YOU are worth the effort, dedication and changes necessary to shed the excess weight and live a fit and full life.

Commit, Plan, Execute - YOU CAN DO THIS. You could choose to go out and walk off those extra calories.. or some other activity you enjoy. Get a move on, you can do it.

Food is not your enemy - it is nourishing, healthy and life giving. JUNK Food, now that is a different story, but moderation is key when it comes to that.. reasonalble.

Be gently and forgiving. You can do this. You have already made progress - that is what counts...

We are here to support you while you take the journey to change your life. :smile:
  • shimila1101
    shimila1101 Posts: 119
    Options
    Don't look at as the enemy. Drink more water, tea and keep lots of veggies around for munchies. Even if you don't feel like doing any exercise, just do it! You'll feel much better and earn some extra calories!
  • roxanne90
    roxanne90 Posts: 95
    Options
    Please oh please don't give up. Just take one day at a time. Forget about yesterday. Tomorrow is a new day. You can do it. I know its the hardest thing to do but you CAN do this. :)
  • lindsaybecca
    lindsaybecca Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Lish, Don't give up!!! You can do it... You have the fighting spirit!!!!! Stick with it!!!!! Love ya!!!
  • kassie87
    kassie87 Posts: 11
    Options
    I hear ya. Sometimes it seems like we're getting nowhere. Dont let the food win!! Hang iin there. Nothing good is easy!
  • abaker768
    abaker768 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone.. I'm going to start over, again, for the one millionith time, tomorrow. I'm like argh!!!!!!! Just a bad day, that's all, and week on top of it........ To top it all off, I not only wanna puke because of my 3,000 overage today, and because I ate like 5,000
    :embarassed: calories since midnight last night!!! But, I know, I just gotta get back up and start over again... I wish you guys lived close by so I can have a buddy to do this with. :frown:

Thanks again guys!!!! You all know how to keep me up and moving!
  • mursey
    mursey Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I am having more trouble this week due to "anxious eating". i know I'm not hungry, just stressed about deadlines and I want to eat all day. I set my calories sort of low but I'm going over a lot too. I just try each day to be more mindful of spacing out my meals into tiny meals more often .. . and I'm trying to drink tea and water in between to "give me something to do" instead of eat.

Keep at it, the whole reason for keeping these food and exercise diaries is to make a little more progress day by day. We don't get over our bad habits in one day.