I'm kinda tired of looking for an activity tracker.

Options
My cardio machines are an elliptical, a recumbent bike and a rower. Is there an activity tracker that works with those types of exercises? I can always enter the data manually on MFP I guess. But I love gadgets!

Replies

• mowu
    mowu Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    For those kind of exercises i would probably look for a Heart Rate Monitor. I hear a lot of good about the Polar FT series (FT1 / FT2 /FT4 /FT7) you could look into which features you want and weigh it against the prices.
  • o2ritson71
    o2ritson71 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    ive been a fitbit one user for the last two years but im going to get the garmin vivoactive with HRM when they become available in my country

http://sites.garmin.com/en-GB/vivo/vivoactive/
  • QweenSki
    QweenSki Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I use a polar HRM (FT4) on the elliptical. According to it, I burn about 300 calories in 30 minutes. I was shocked to see that manually entering my time on MFP, it estimated I would have burned over 500 calories!!! What!?! That's a huge difference!
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    My cardio machines are an elliptical, a recumbent bike and a rower. Is there an activity tracker that works with those types of exercises? I can always enter the data manually on MFP I guess. But I love gadgets!

To an extent it depends on what you do on them; long duration steady state, or high intensity intervals?

For the former, then an HRM will probably help reasonably well, for the latter I wouldn't bother as you'll get an over-approximation.

In that sense an FT4 is pretty cheap.

• acarrasquillo83
    acarrasquillo83 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I do the interval programs included in the elliptical and bike, and steady on the rower.
  • acarrasquillo83
    acarrasquillo83 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    What are the Bluetooth solutions for like a FTXX product? Does it work with that Polar WearLink thing?
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    I do the interval programs included in the elliptical and bike, and steady on the rower.

In that case it'll over estimate, but if you're happy with that the H7 chest strap works with BLE and apps like Polar Beat and Endomondo.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    Ha, I've had research overload! What about just going with TDEE and calling it a day?