Is it okay toFreeze Smoothies on Cleanse

Options
oliveofthebranches
edited January 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
I was wondering if it is wrong to freeze my smoothie the day before while I am on my cleanse.Will my body process it differently and ruin the fact it is a cleanse? thank you!!

Replies

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Cleanses are a waste of time.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Freeze it if you like - cleanses don't do anything, so there isn't anything to ruin.
  • Krueger92
    Krueger92 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Agreed with above. Very little benefits.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I don't know what you're freezing, but it's unlikely to make any noticeable difference.

Your body is not cleansed by drinking juice or water for a day. It probably won't do you any harm, though. Some of those cleanses (not juice and water) can be very dangerous, though, so be very careful and get your doctor's okay on it for sure before doing it.

I think a quickie one day water or juice fast is not entirely terrible. It can help people who think they never have hunger cues find out what real hunger feels like. It can give you the determination to stick it out while your stomach gets smaller. There is a sense of accomplishment and pride when you've finished that you can carry with you as you begin your weight loss journey. So long as you don't get dizzy, I don't there is anything wrong with it and can see some mental/emotional upsides.

You won't be actually cleaning anything in your body or ridding it of toxins, but I get why some people want to do it.

I'm not against these "Kick start my weight loss" things. But these cleanses really can be very freaking dangerous. I was actually talking to someone the other day who had experience with some goofball who did one and ended up in the hospital.

Be careful.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    if you like frozen smoothies freeze them .. I'll sure it will be fine

but cleansing? .. ridiculous concept
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Freezing your smoothies will not affect your cleanse.... as your cleanse will do nothing anyway. It's a completely debunked load of codswallop designed to sell books, supplements and products. What could a smoothie possibly do that your kidneys and liver cannot?
  • TheNoLeafClover
    TheNoLeafClover Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Freezing your smoothies will not affect your cleanse.... as your cleanse will do nothing anyway. It's a completely debunked load of codswallop designed to sell books, supplements and products. What could a smoothie possibly do that your kidneys and liver cannot?
    ^ Everything you'll ever need to know about cleanses.