Determined to lose 50 lbs - looking for motivation partners!

Options
Seems like I've been fighting this battle my whole life! Been clean and sober over two years now, and the pounds have piled on! I know I use food to change the way I feel. I need to learn how to go for a walk instead of picking up the damn cookie! LOL. I'm currently 230 (as of January 1st) and my current goal is 180. Looking for like minded gals to help motivate me! WE CAN DO THIS!

Replies

• missylectro
    missylectro Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Hey!! Feel free to add me!
  • Ironman4Him
    Ironman4Him Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm also looking to lose 50 pounds. Please feel free to add me as well.
  • tbrake1313
    tbrake1313 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am looking to lose around 35- 40 more lbs myself. Feel free to add me!
  • Carolyn917
    Carolyn917 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am giving this app. one more try. I am 48 years old, I weigh 215#'s & I'm 5' 2.5" tall. I am 75 -80#'s overweight and I desperately need to lose weight for health reasons. I am trying to stick to a low carb, healthy choice, whole food life style plan. My goals are to lose 10#'s by Valentine's Day and 75#'s by January 1st, 2016. I hate to exercise but I plan on using Yoga, Pilates and dance to exercise. I need friends to keep me accountable and motivated. For some reason I can't add friends, keep getting error message so PLEASE ADD ME!!
  • brenae13
    brenae13 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    You can add me. Looking to keep up the motivation. :)
  • ambiieleiigh
    ambiieleiigh Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm looking to lose 70 - 80 lbs! You can add me if you'd like! :) we can help each other
  • Mopar88
    Mopar88 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to lose between 80-100. Anyone can feel free to add me.
    Need to keep the motivation and accountability going.
    :)
  • FLAKMA
    FLAKMA Posts: 14
    Options
    same here! add me! I'm going to go down the list and add you all too :)
  • jakicooke
    jakicooke Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I started this 12 months ago. I am just 46 with a 20 year old son and a partner of 30 years and spent most of my adult life yo yo dieting. This last 12 months I have managed to lose over 60lb and still have a minimum of 20 more to lose. the change I made was to decide what I could manage to commit to this so I decided 3 times a week I could work out at the gym and I could log "most" of my calories (I didn't tend to log cups of tea or sugar free squash or most condiments this may have to change as I get nearer to my goals) and I set lots of small, medium and long term goals to try and achieve - not all weight related. if you think I might be able to help you along then please send me a friends request. One of the best things to have to help through this is some quality MFP buddies
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    Add me!! I need to lose 55. Last year I lost 25 and gained back 13 this summer. No more fooling around. We can do this!!
  • stressonthesky99
    stressonthesky99 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm currently about 200 trying to get down to 140 ish. Long way to go! Anyone feel free to add me :)