Saving For Your Goal Weight Celebration

Options
I have decided that I will be doing a 52 week financial challenge. Over the next 52 weeks I will be putting $1 into a box as part of my "ME TIME" savings plan. This will be seperate from my regular savings. The amount put aside per week will be equal to the number of the week I am currently on ($1, week one, $2 week two, $3 week three etc) At the end of the 52 weeks I will have saved $1,378. To keep myself and anyone who wants to join me accountable, I will be posting a weekly reminder with the week # every Sunday morning. For those who cannot put aside weekly, feel free to join and add every two weeks or monthly by simply adding the weekly amounts together to stay on track. If you are able to add more, feel free to do so. I understand things happen, if you miss a week or two just jump back in when you can. This is a fun way to save up for that special treat to celebrate reaching our goal weight. And you know what, with all the hard work, sweat & tears we put in on a daily basis we all deserve a little "ME TIME"

This challenge is open to anyone interested. I'd love to hear your celebration ideas so feel free to share them. Im thinking a cruise with my MFP sisters and matching t-shirts with our combined weight loss total (Fabulous (#) Divas). I know Ms.K.Parker is down (hey girlie!).

-inspired by spark.w

Replies

• ShawnaPE
    ShawnaPE Posts: 14
    Options
    I am interested in participating.
  • r99samigrl
    r99samigrl Posts: 25
    Options
    Wow that sounds like a wonderful idea and a very reasonable way to save big money! I would love to be a part of that!
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    When I completed Power90 - Dec 6, 2010 - March 5 2011 - I rewarded myself with 2 new OPI nailpolish.

When I achieved/surpassed my goal weight (130 lbs) by 1 pound (129 lbs) on April 22 2011 - My Husband awarded me with Tony Horton's 'BRING IT!' book - ( took me 4 months & 16 days - from 162 lbs on Dec 6 2010)

When I completed P90X LEAN on June 4th - I will be awarded with a new red bikini...

Durin' my journey - I have put money aside for these items - but your plan sounds so much better...

I def need a new wardrobe...all my clothes are to huge on me now ...

happy shoppin' in 52 weeks :)
  • sknick1
    sknick1 Posts: 1
    Options
    that sounds like a great idea I am willing to try it
  • asallen7
    asallen7 Posts: 301
    Options
    That's actually pretty cool. I would like to do it as well.
  • Nikki2Fit
    Nikki2Fit Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Ok, looks like we are off to great start. The official start date will be this Sunday May 8th. So we have 3 days to tell a few more friends and get this thing rolling. This will be week one so $1 will go into our shoe box, peanut can, water bottle etc.

Good luck everyone and keep the ideas coming. Since we are all at different points on our journey Ive added a clause:

If you reach your goal before the 52 weeks are up you can either cash out or continue and celebrate maintaining your goal weight for x amount of months at the end of the 52 weeks.
  • anickson23
    anickson23 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What a great idea!!! I like the idea of a long-term goal. This gives more incentive to keep going. I'm definitely willing to join and ready to start on the 8th.