Breastfeeding

Options
So I'm a little confused when it comes to calorie intake since I'm currently breastfeeding. Normally I would be at 1400/day but not sure how to go about it now.

Replies

• Original_Beauty
    Original_Beauty Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Add breastfeeding to your exercise, if your baby is still only breastfeed, you will need about an extra 500 calories a day. This is with no other exercise.
  • Cassie_DE
    Cassie_DE Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    That's definitely a question to take to your doctor! You will probably lose more weight than you would normally expect because it's a big drain on your energy, so you'll need to make sure you're taking in enough nutrition (not just calories, but iron, calcium, etc.) for both yourself and your baby. Your doctor is the best person to ask.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Cassie_DE wrote: »
    That's definitely a question to take to your doctor! You will probably lose more weight than you would normally expect because it's a big drain on your energy, so you'll need to make sure you're taking in enough nutrition (not just calories, but iron, calcium, etc.) for both yourself and your baby. Your doctor is the best person to ask.

While talking with your doctor ask your Vitamin D3 level so your baby is sure to getting the needed about. A lot of health issues seem to pop up when we are under a level of 40 (USA) but it needs to not go over 80 on the high end. Not sure about these numbers but your doctor should offer a number to shoot for in your case. It is an awesome thing you are doing by the way.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17661565
    Just one that popped up on Google using the term, Vitamin D3 Breastfeeding

• lovita619
    lovita619 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    @GaleHawkins‌ a thank you so much