Favorite Protein Shakes & Smoothie Recipes

Options
What's your favorite protein shake and or smoothie recipe?

Replies

• paj315
    paj315 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I don't drink a lot of shakes but my favorite would have to be Chocolate Cherry one I make

1/2 cup frozen cherries
    1 cup coconut milk
    1/4 c 100% pomegranate juice
    1 scoop chocolate whey
    ice if you like
    blend all together

SO good!
  • AOdell79
    AOdell79 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite one. Plus a ton of ice. Sometimes I put 1/2 a frozen banana. q87jgu77ahd5.jpg
  • arunimarajan
    arunimarajan Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I prefer this simple shake. Avocado, skimmed milk and honey. It's super yummy
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    1c vanilla ice cream
    1.5 cup orange juice
    2 scoops vanilla protein powder

blend, drink, thank me.
  • KandGRanch
    KandGRanch Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    2 scoops vanilla protein powder
    2 TBS peanut butter
    2 TBS butterscotch pudding mix
    ice
    water

tastes like a butterfinger candy bar.
  • vannie9210
    vannie9210 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • nataliebordeauxx
    nataliebordeauxx Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    1 cup frozen strawberries
    1 serving of PB2 chocolate
    1 cup baby spinach
    1 serving of PlantFusion Cookies & Cream Protein Powder
    1 cup Silk Unsweetened Cashew Milk
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
    dash of saigon cinnamon
    POW

1 cup frozen strawberries
    some coconut flakes
    1 cup baby spinach
    2 TBPS hemp seeds
    throw some walnuts in there
    1 cup Silk Unsweetened Cashew Milk
    BOOM.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options

If you like gingerbread, Oxygen magazine has a recipe for a delicious Gingerbread cookie shake: 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder, 1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder, 1/2 cup vanilla enriched Rice Dream, 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt, 1/2 tsp ginger, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1 T molasses, and ice cubes. Blend and drink ! Mmmmmm

I also like a Creamsicle, which is a cup of orange juice (I get the Healthy kids kind with extra calcium and vitamins), half a scoop of vanilla protein powder (I’ve been getting spirulina), and a lowfat vanilla yogurt. Blend and drink.

The Protein Packed Pina Colada smoothie is blended with the following ingredients: Cup cottage cheese, cup canned pineapple or cup pineapple juice, half a frozen banana, half a cup of milk, 1 T coconut, half a scoop vanilla protein powder, and a cup of ice cubes.

The Key Lime Protein Shake is blended with half an avocado, juice of a lime, 2 tsp lime zest, 1 scoop of vanilla whey protein powder, 1 T coconut, a cup of milk, and 1-2 packets of Stevia (optional).

The Chocolate Maple Shake is made by blending a cup of milk, 3 T protein powder, 1 T cocoa powder, and 1 tsp maple syrup

Last but not least, for a change, I blend a cup of orange juice (I get the Healthy kids kind with extra calcium and vitamins), half a scoop of chocolate protein powder (I’ve been getting spirulina), and a lowfat coffee yogurt. Also good!

• EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    premier-protein-choc-shake.jpg
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the world of protein shakes, but after investing/splurging in Quest's Vanilla Milkshake Protein Powder, I've recently discovered a wonderful world I'm afraid I never wish to leave.
    Really, that stuff is amazing - super sweet, yet it has wholesome ingredients and is nutritious! I strongly recommend it as it tastes well with just about any milk alternative (even water), nut butter, spice, etc. out there!
    So far my favorite is this:
    -1 scoop quest vanilla milkshake protein powder
    -1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or original cashew milk works fine, too!)
    -1 frozen peeled banana (make sure it has a lot of brown so the consistency is thick, not slimy)
    -1-2 tbsp justin's maple almond butter (or trader joe's cookie butter is good, too!)

Really, everything tastes great with this stuff.
  • 20HJIGSAW
    20HJIGSAW Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Muscle milk chocolate or the Arnold Schwarzenegger's vanilla protein. They are great with only water. My favorite shakes right now. 1 cup of spinach, 1 cup of kale, little strawberry, bananas, 2% mil, and orange juice. Sometimes I add beets.
  • whoop01
    whoop01 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My absolute favorite "green" smoothie:
    First blend together...
    4 cups Kale
    1 cup Almond Milk
    Add...
    1 frozen banana
    1 tbsp creamy Almond Butter
    dash of cinnamon
    little squirt of raw local honey
    1 tsp of black chia seeds

I have also added 1/2 of an avocado when I am using it as a total meal replacement.