Cabbage Steak

Options

Replies

• peggymenard
    peggymenard Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'll try this no matter what it is called. I'll brush with a little olive oil and sprinkle with Montreal Seasoning. It sounds similar to oven baked brussel sprouts. Thanks.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    haugendan wrote: »
    Wow! That sounds amazing!

Does it?

Does it really?

I mean, seriously...does it?
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »

Honestly, I'm just sharing a recipe for something that I made, that I thought my friends would be interested in, also for all the dbags like omg this isn't a steak wah wah wah, BEEF STEAK is a thing, but STEAK is just the CUT that's why there is roast, ribs, t-bone, sirloin, prime rib, ground etc. etc. It's pretty sad that you have nothing better to do, beside troll forums and insult people's posts..... And this is exactly why I don't use forums.

But....what does this even mean? Are you suggesting that if I cut cauliflower correctly I can enjoy a delicious cauliflower steak?

There is a restaurant in my city that has a "T-bone cauliflower steak" on the menu. The best part is, it's only $14.95that you don't live in my city, and even if i did, i would never eat at that terrible restaurant. and if you did, you would have reported them to the state's attorney for false advertising

fixed

• DavPul
    edited January 2015
    Options

Honestly, I'm just sharing a recipe for something that I made, that I thought my friends would be interested in, also for all the dbags like omg this isn't a steak wah wah wah, BEEF STEAK is a thing, but STEAK is just the CUT that's why there is roast, ribs, t-bone, sirloin, prime rib, ground etc. etc. It's pretty sad that you have nothing better to do, beside troll forums and insult people's posts..... And this is exactly why I don't use forums.

But....what does this even mean? Are you suggesting that if I cut cauliflower correctly I can enjoy a delicious cauliflower steak?

There is a restaurant in my city that has a "T-bone cauliflower steak" on the menu. The best part is, it's only $14.95.

EXACTLY THANK YOU!

i'm confused. why are you thanking that person?
  • HappyHope0123
    HappyHope0123 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Seriously though, my kids LOVE this. We serve it as a veggie with our meals...not sure they'd survive if I only fed them cabbage for supper!
  • sarahlifts
    sarahlifts Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I love cabbage...but I thought this was going to be about cabbage and steak like from a cow. I love steak too! I and many others were tricked. this is roasted cabbage...
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options

In for the recipe for cabbage ribs.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Oh no..is cabbage the new cauliflower this year?

They look like a good appetizer or side dish (I love cabbage)...but why must they insist on calling it "steak"...it's not a "steak"...it's a patty of cabbage...which would probably be good along side an actual steak.

I thought the same thing. I was expecting a recipe that incorporated steak and cabbage, not roasted cabbage, which is my favorite way to eat cabbage, though I put a little ceyenne on mine.

And yes, it is wonderful with steak or chops.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options

Technically, no. Because, technically steak refers to a cut of meat.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

Next up, we'll be serving French Toast and calling it basted BREAD STEAK.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options

https://youtube.com/watch?v=lN4V_tgXuNY
  • rjvt006
    rjvt006 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    yummy
  • vanessapreston66
    vanessapreston66 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    If its any consolation, when I read the title, I got what it meant. A hunk of cabbage. Shall try it out as I have never roasted cabbage before. Thanks :)
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    1412285385390.jpg
  • DavPul
    edited January 2015
    Options

https://youtube.com/watch?v=lN4V_tgXuNY

perfect.

• Need2Exerc1se
    Options

There is a restaurant in my city that has a "T-bone cauliflower steak" on the menu. The best part is, it's only $14.95.

T-bone? Do they actually put a bone in it? If not, why not sirloin or ribeye cauliflower steak?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Someone just posted this on my Facebook. I think it looks quite tasty, and couldn't care less what it's called. :drinker: I'm going to try it. I love cabbage.
  • Smart_Beautiful_and_Strong
    Options
    This looks really good, thanks for posting! I'm Irish and German so I love cabbage and new ways to fix it.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Yuck. :sick:
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Made it and liked it. :)