Looking for people that need support to quit using food as a

Options
I am looking for people that use food for things like boredom sadness emotions as a rule I am trying desperately to stop this crazy lifestyle until I know why I eat I won't loose weight and if by some miracle I do loose I can guarantee the pounds will come back I would like to form a support group to help stop the insanity.

Replies

• patricia92d
    patricia92d Posts: 49
    Options
    this makes so much sense
  • Debtappe
    Debtappe Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I typically use food when I'm bored. It's like I can't think of anything to do but eat. Also, definitely use food for comfort.
  • mageepilot
    mageepilot Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Such a great idea. I know I am one of those people who eat my emotions. I am trying to blog it out here instead of keeping it bottled up. That seems to help. I would love to join your group.
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I'd LOVE to join your group.
    I'm a SAHM (stay-at-home-mom) who figured out that the kitchen is a place that I need to stay away from - but it is so hard!!!
  • lilcrittert
    lilcrittert Posts: 105
    Options
    I have overcome a lot of the emotional eating....friend me if you want extra support in this area.
  • Tracy184
    Tracy184 Posts: 74
    Options
    I use food as a reward. I work long hours and I hate my job, so it's "I've earned this pizza" and "I deserve this brownie sundae". And 65 lbs later, it's hard to unlearn that behavior, but I'm working on it. :-)
  • Missylydia
    Missylydia Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    This is a habit that I'm also trying to break! So it's a great idea!
  • officernice
    officernice Posts: 13
    Options
    Depression, boredom, excitement, anger, sadness, celebration.......etc....etc....etc.....I am an emotional eater. I eat for celebration, I eat when I am bored, I eat when I'm excited about something, I eat when I'm upset. I love to eat and it makes me feel good at the time, but I'm miserable later. I feel your pain. =) (=