looking for a good low calorie breakfast

Options
2»

Replies

• txteachermom
    txteachermom Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I drink a Naked smoothie for breakfast with a banana. Usually between 300-400 calories total, and surprisingly yummy and filling! Gets some extra fruit and veggie servings in for me too!
  • Lacey0903
    Lacey0903 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    (quick) steel cut oats, smashed banana (3.5oz) & 1 tbls peanut butter (333 cal)
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Baked oatmeal. I swear by it, since there are just about infinite variations you can use to make it exactly how you like it. Literally endless possibilities. Try searching the web (esp. Pinterest) for ideas. The kinds that I usually make come in about 260 calories and are very filling. I make a big batch and divide into portions for the week so its ready to go.

• hockeymomrw
    hockeymomrw Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Low cal eggs benedict: 1/3 cup egg whites, 2 slices Canadian bacon, sauteed spinach (in Pam spray), and sliced tomatoes over top. Sprinkle on some Season-all or Lawry's. So delicious and filling,,,,, and under 200 calories.
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    1 or 2 scrambled eggs with a couple of sweet mini peppers. Quick, easy, low calorie and actually quite filling. Less than 100 calories.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Egg mcMuffin, muffins with flax and yogurt on side, waffle sandwiches, chia pudding, egg scrambles.
  • oceangal1
    Options
    Look up "refrigerator oatmeal"...tons of variations really easy to make ahead of time and easy to grab and go to eat!!
    May be more a summer thing but its easy to throw in he microwave and heat up too!
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese with lots of diced vegetables (peppers, cukes, tomato, onion) and a dollop of plain Greek yoghurt.
  • shesmalls
    Options
    I like to do a breakfast egg white scramble burrito. I spray a non stick frying pan with Pam and saute onions, garlic and and any vegetable I have (zuchinni, spinach, mushrooms, etc). I add some mexican spices (cumin, chili powder). If you want some meat then crumble and add half of Kirkland (Costco) turkey burger. Once all is welted and browned then I add my two egg whites and stir to scramble. I wrap it up into a La Tortilla Factory low carb whole wheat toritilla. (50 calories). Walla..you have a under 300 calorie breakfast that is filling.
  • MarciBkonTrk
    MarciBkonTrk Posts: 310 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Protein smoothies are quick, easy, and convenient. My base smoothie starts with 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk, and a scoop of whey protein isolate. I know concentrate was suggested but recent research has shown that isolate is a better protein for women trying to lose weight. Then you can add anything you want, berries, spinach, kale, carrots, bananas, etc. using 1/2 cup of fruit and 1 1/2 cups of veggies. You can put it all together the night before and throw it in the blender the next morning. If you want an extra dose of fiber and healthy fat add some chia seeds or flax seeds and for just a dose of healthy fat try coconut oil. Even adding a boost of fat these smoothies are between 250 and 300 calories and will keep you full until lunchtime.
  • jessicawfoster
    jessicawfoster Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I really like overnight oats. Mine usually come out to be about 150 calories. Tastes great and fills me up!