Meal Plans

Options
Does anyone know where I can go to create meal plans? I'm looking for a free site or resource to use to create these meal plans. I do not want anything like paleo, atkins, WW, or juice cleanses. Basically if I can't pronounce it, I'm not eating it. Everything in moderation. Whole, natural foods, not processed. Surely there is a resource out there. Does anyone know of anything like this?

Replies

• eringault
    eringault Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I signed up for slenderkitchen.com meal plans and had my first meal last night. It was pretty darn tasty and I am going to continue for now. She includes the WW points, but I think the recipes look great and do not appear to use processed foods.
  • eringault
    eringault Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Oh, and it's not free, but $25 for a year seems pretty inexpensive.
  • tkillion810
    tkillion810 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Great site - thanks for sharing!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Can't you just use MFP for that? You can prelog stuff, if thinking about what to have, and then modify later.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    You can try eatthismuch if you need some ideas.
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Clean Eating magazine offers two week meal plans and I think they have one available on their website cleaneatingmag.com to look it over. It may not be exactly what you have in mind, but it may give you some ideas or a place to start as you look for something that will better suit your needs.
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
  • ShannonMJ2012
    ShannonMJ2012 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 - I would love to be able to sit down and log stuff in but I don't have the time. I need a system or person do that for me. I run 2 businesses of my own, I work full time for one company and part time for another in addition to volunteering and taking care of my family. Time is a very precious commodity for me.

Thanks everyone for your input. I will certainly look into all these resources. I truly appreciate your help.
  • pensierobello
    pensierobello Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but you can totally find time to log. If you have time to manage all those things, you can find five minutes in a day to sit and log. Stop making excuses for yourself and pushing the responsibility for your weight loss onto others. Take the time.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I would find following a meal plan WAY more time consuming than just creating my own. As it is I go home, grab the meat I did in the slow cooker or start the meat I'm planning to have (based on what I took out of the freezer the prior evening or whenever) and decide based on what I have on hand what to have for the veggies and other sides. Sometimes I plan this in advance, often I just think "hmm, what would be good" while on the train home. I typically speed cook.

Back in the day (years ago) when I tried to follow some set meal plan I would always get frustrated and quit because having someone else tell you what to eat and then having to go get the ingredients to make it and follow a recipe (which I never do) and modify it if you didn't like something was always such an enormous pain. Cooking with what I have on hand is far easier and more likely to be consistent with what I like and how I like to cook.

Logging takes almost no time at all once you figure out the tricks (which doesn't take long either).
  • ShannonMJ2012
    ShannonMJ2012 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Pensierobello - no need to be so rude. You misunderstand me. I'm not saying I don't have 30 seconds to log in what I eat. I don't have time to sit down, figure it all out and then log it in ahead of time. It's better for me to print a weekly meal plan, take that to the store and then prep and cook everything one day on the weekend.

I know what works for me and what doesn't. I can take a quick look through a meal plan menu and see if it will work or if I need to add or delete something. I just need someone more nutrition minded to put a balanced meal together.
  • pensierobello
    pensierobello Posts: 285 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    You absolutely do. I'm not being rude, I'm being honest. Take the time. Make the time. You CAN. You just don't want to. And you can teach yourself about nutrition. When you rely on yourself and succeed, you'll find the rewards are greater.