Had to share "A moment"

Options
I work in an office and spend the day at my desk. We have a gym at work and I spend usually 45 minutes there during my lunch. I had a great food day and exercised then went to a Core class, typical day ... fast forward.
I came home, cooked my meal and then cooked for my 3 boys ages 23,19 and 16 (all skinny tall kiddos). I wanted to take a walk after I ate to get some air since it was a beautiful 40 degrees out. One boy offers to come, then the second and the third pops in and says he wants to come too ! I was shocked since starting the journey I have been pretty much alone. I lag a little behind because of 2 reconstructed hips and just watched.
They were talking, giggling and having such a nice time ... all because I wanted to get in some exercise before heading to bed. Before we knew it we had walked almost 3 miles. At that moment my heart felt so happy and I had that glimpse of my past and I remembered why I am doing this. I want to make as many of those memories as I possibly can !

Who knew just a little walk could be so powerful.

Replies

• annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Awe thats great! Hopefully the first of many :D
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing that! I, too, have reconstructed hips. Got the right one replaced when I was 24, and then both done when I was 44. ...
  • stephaamu
    Options
    That's sweet!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    yes!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • PAtinCO
    PAtinCO Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I love it when I can talk my daughter into going on a hike or walk with us. In order to accommodate her, I usually have to tone down the distance and altitude gain to where it's not much of a workout for me but it's totally worth it.

This summer she actually wants to try climbing a 14er. </tears>
  • palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    What a great post. As my kids get older I really miss the time we had together when they were little. I try to get them to go to the Y with me, and that helps a bit. Congrats to you.
  • yogaticha
    yogaticha Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    How wonderful!!
  • fitwithin
    fitwithin Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Great story. You guys are getting healthy and spending quality time together.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    *sniff, sniff
    precious :)
  • minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    What a nice slice of life. Thanks for sharing that with us.
  • fallingtrees
    fallingtrees Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    That is cool. I think I will go drag my 25yo son out for a walk.
  • Shootersplusgal2
    Shootersplusgal2 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Wonderful!
  • PowerfulHunt
    PowerfulHunt Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Awww <3
  • yourradimradletshug
    yourradimradletshug Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! Sounds like you have a great bond with your sons! Keep that support and love there! :)
  • hortensehildegarde
    hortensehildegarde Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    beautiful post!
  • BillRicks1
    BillRicks1 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Sometimes the kids can suprise you.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,716 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome! It's tough to get ONE teenage boy out to take a walk (boring; eye roll) let alone THREE! Good for you. Those are the times when the best conversations happen.
  • purplemystra
    purplemystra Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    So wonderful. Thanks for sharing.