Seeking lower-key friends to help keep me motivated (oxymoron? ;))

Options
Hi there!

My name is Marybeth and I'm a 32 year old lady who went from 140-150lbs to 190-200lbs in just one year.

Ah... so, *that's* what relationship weight gain looks like!

I'm back in action (kind of), with 54lbs to lose. I say "kind of", as while I no longer want to do 1200cal a day (bad habit of "all or nothing" thinking), I'm still having a hard time of not wanting to go over my 1470cal a day.

My exercise consists of walking only, with yoga sessions on the horizon. I say I'm seeking "lower key" friends because honestly, I can get overwhelmed by being friends with folks who are heavy exercisers. And as Seinfeld says, "Not that there's anything wrong with that!", but I just know myself & my preferences.

So, if you're on a similar boat & are more into just ensuring you're staying within cal range and do more light exercising and sound like we may be a good support system for eachother... please feel free to add me.

Thanks!

Replies

• mostlyrawvegan
    Options
    I'm an avid walker and do some yoga with my daughter. My goal is to get healthy without out pressure but at the same time would also like some support when needed. Feel free to add me.
  • st0negirldancing
    Options
    Awesome! And I love that you're a mostly raw vegan. I'm a pescetarian who loves raw & vegan food, too, so would be nice to get some food ideas, as well.
  • ellie0213
    ellie0213 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Happy to lend support. Add me if you'd like.
  • dmr1321
    dmr1321 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Awesome, I'm definitely on a similar boat...looking for friends to help keep me accountable, but nothing to intense. I'm hoping to lose around 35 lbs this year. I go to dance classes a couple of times a week for exercise, and live in a city so also do quite a bit of walking, but that's pretty much it. I also maintain a vegetarian diet, and avoid dairy for the most part, so love the idea of trading food ideas, etc! Please add me if you'd like.
  • woznube7
    woznube7 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Looking to lose 60lbs, feel free to add! :)
  • janes_new_path
    janes_new_path Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    U can add me