A life changing 7 months - 6 sizes and 63 lbs lost

Options

Replies

• FitChic13
    FitChic13 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Congrats Well done! :D
    What a Fab way to start the new year!
    You've just given me a timeline for my journey as I am starting at the weight you are at and I am the same height!
    I once spoke with a trainer who said that if everyone just "ate clean" the weight would come off.
    By eating clean she meant no processed foods just "real" food - fruit, veg, protien.
  • FitChic13
    FitChic13 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Just read your blog - it's GREAT. Love the honesty. Thank you
  • nm82baby
    nm82baby Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Way to stick with it. Thanks for sharing your story. A nutrionist once told me that exercise is good for the body, but weight loss is mostly impacted by what we eat. You might burn 500 calories a day exercising, but if you're still eating junk food, drinking pop (including diet) and/or overeating then you won't get healthy.
  • robinrmcfal
    robinrmcfal Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Good luck to you on maintaining.
  • JEE2015
    JEE2015 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful!!! I've started my journey this week your the goals you've acheived. You inspire me!
  • MontanaDiva
    MontanaDiva Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    The best part is how great I feel! Myfitnesspal has definitely helped me meet my goal and continues to help me maintain and stay healthy.

Wow what a great way to help us all start off our new year. This is inspirational and motivating.

I have hated to journal my food, but MFP has helped me change that..it has taken some time to get me to commit regularly but seeing posts like yours, helps me to know I am on the right track..and I just need to not stop..

• vmalered
    vmalered Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    So kind of you to share your story and motivate us with your success
  • bookjunkie54
    bookjunkie54 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    FitChic13 wrote: »
    Just read your blog - it's GREAT. Love the honesty. Thank you

Thank you! I agree - I have always failed when I tried just exercising to lose the weight. When I focused on calories and eating better, the weight came off quickly. I do plan to start exercising to tone up eventually. But it's the eating better that I know works for me. Thanks for reading my blog!
  • bookjunkie54
    Options
    nm82baby wrote: »
    That's awesome! Way to stick with it. Thanks for sharing your story. A nutrionist once told me that exercise is good for the body, but weight loss is mostly impacted by what we eat. You might burn 500 calories a day exercising, but if you're still eating junk food, drinking pop (including diet) and/or overeating then you won't get healthy.

Yes, I agree! I've never been able to stick with exercising, but eating better and counting calories ended up being the trick for me. It's eye opening for sure!
  • bookjunkie54
    Options
    The best part is how great I feel! Myfitnesspal has definitely helped me meet my goal and continues to help me maintain and stay healthy.

Wow what a great way to help us all start off our new year. This is inspirational and motivating.

I have hated to journal my food, but MFP has helped me change that..it has taken some time to get me to commit regularly but seeing posts like yours, helps me to know I am on the right track..and I just need to not stop..

I think the only reason I stayed with it was because I saw results pretty quickly. After a few weeks I had lost 10 lbs and that kept me motivated to continue tracking. Good luck! When I would get frustrated, I just reminded myself that I'd come a long way and not to give up. :)
  • bookjunkie54
    Options
    I haven't had time to comment on everyone's posts, but I want to say thank you very much to everyone! I appreciate the kind words about my journey and I'm so happy if I have inspired or motivated anyone. :)
  • endogirrl
    Options
    Wonderful story love the way you worded it!
  • carms109
    carms109 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Your story is awesome. My goal is to lose 62 lbs and I'm just starting on my journey. Reading this is just the type of positive motivation that I need. Thank you for sharing!
  • elliescot
    elliescot Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Well done you, you must be feeling great! :)
  • laurielie
    laurielie Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Great job! Very motivational. Just what I need.
  • optionalsourcewins
    optionalsourcewins Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!! Congratulations!!
  • jnn0409
    jnn0409 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss! It's inspiring to read stories like this. Within 7 months all that weight loss, wow! Good job :)
  • 111grace
    111grace Posts: 382 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Congrats on your superb success :) incredibly well done :)
  • Teresa_3266
    Teresa_3266 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Love your story. You are a true inspiration. :)
  • kizzyb1977
    kizzyb1977 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    You look great..... definitely an inspiration! :p
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!