Replies

• jaymark
    jaymark Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Great job you should be proud.
  • atucker_mom
    atucker_mom Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    You are doing great! Keep up the good work!
  • AdrienneinTO
    AdrienneinTO Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    You're not ugly! Honestly, you're not. You've made wonderful progress, congrats!
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Good work, and you are NOT, I repeat, NOT ugly!
  • ocsurfmama
    ocsurfmama Posts: 127
    Options
    OH my gosh you can really tell how much you have lost!!! I feel the need to "scold" you though because I don't understand at all why you would use the term "ugly" to describe yourself because you are NOT!! Look at the beautiful smile you have on your profile pic where you are holding a little girl...your daughter??? I will bet you dollars to donuts that she knows how beautiful you are...now you need to believe it!

The journey to lose weight is one of the hardest things I have ever done, especially when I never had a weight problem until 4 years ago. Think how much more we will shine as we reach our goals!!
  • KaraHB
    KaraHB Posts: 9
    Options
    Somewhere down the road you believed the lie that you are ugly (where ever it may have come from). You are not.
  • officernice
    officernice Posts: 13
    Options
    Keep up the good work, You are looking fantastic. Stop putting yourself down. We all dislike something about ourselves.
  • HisBeloved65
    HisBeloved65 Posts: 186
    Options
    wow! what a difference! Keep it up~ I know it's hard but you can do it! :wink:
  • hchristine
    hchristine Posts: 63
    Options
    Congrats...You look great...Keep it up, and by the way you are not ugly :)
  • ealbers
    ealbers Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You're doing great! Be proud of you accomplishment :)
  • abra526
    abra526 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Your progress looks great! One thing though, don't ever say you are ugly. You aren't. If YOU believe you're ugly, everyone else will. If YOU believe you're beautiful, everyone else will. Which would you prefer? ;)

I second that!
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself, you should be proud of what you have accomplished so far. You are not ugly and you have done great so far!
  • IrishChick71
    IrishChick71 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    You are doing awesome! Great job!

BTW, God doesn't make ugly. He specializes in beautiful. Look at the world around you.

Keep strong on your journey and stay focused on the prize.

You got this!
  • megabux
    megabux Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Great work! Keep it up! 41 pounds is awesome!!!
  • mmellor
    mmellor Posts: 146
    Options
    OH my gosh you can really tell how much you have lost!!! I feel the need to "scold" you though because I don't understand at all why you would use the term "ugly" to describe yourself because you are NOT!! Look at the beautiful smile you have on your profile pic where you are holding a little girl...your daughter??? I will bet you dollars to donuts that she knows how beautiful you are...now you need to believe it!

The journey to lose weight is one of the hardest things I have ever done, especially when I never had a weight problem until 4 years ago. Think how much more we will shine as we reach our goals!!

I couldn't have said it better myself!
  • julslea
    julslea Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    You are doing great! Don't ever say you are ugly.:smile:
  • kimcat73
    kimcat73 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    You are doing fantastic! No need to be embarassed! And remember to love yourself. You are NOT ugly!!!!! Keep up the great work and keep posting those success pictures!!!!!
  • trixylewis
    trixylewis Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    awesome job, beautiful!! and i mean it!
  • missyeighmy
    missyeighmy Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I just started on mfp ... and you just inspired me .I have about 122 pounds to go still . your doing great.
  • kristarablue
    kristarablue Posts: 707
    Options
    First of all....amazing job!!!

Second, it hurts me to have you say you are ugly, because you are not (tears streaming down my face as I type). I have spent years berating myself, telling myself and others how repulsive I was, I felt if I did than no one else would. I always smiled and had a happy disposition to hide the fact that I was so hard to look at...but understand I was only hard to look at from myself not from others. But the problem with negative self-talk my dear is that it damages your soul and affects how you present yourself. The more negativity you put in your brain the more difficult it will become to reach your goal because internally you will feel as though you do not deserve it and you will ultimately fail. We are not going to let that happen!!

So, this is what I want you to do and it is going to be really, really, difficult and your entire being will feel uncomfortable and icky as you do it...But, I want you to find a POSITIVE mantra about your looks. It could be as simple as "I am beautiful" or it could be saying "I have beautiful eyes" or lips or whatever. Look in the mirror...yes I said it, look in the mirror and say that mantra into the mirror 10 times in the morning and 10 times in the evening. It is going to be really difficult at first and you may even feel silly but you need to do it. You cannot continue to lose weight and keep it off if you have such self loathing. Trust me, I know, I live with it on a daily basis and struggle with my demons about how I look but please understand those demons are within you and no one else thinks them. We need to not only change our outsides but insides as well.

I will you luck on your continued journey....you beautiful, beautiful woman!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!