Diabetes weight loss buddies wanted

Options
Looking for people who have diabetes and having to or have lost weight. To share motivation sucsess stories recipes and be thwre for eachother.

Replies

• PhatD
    PhatD Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Type 2 diabetes and really struggling.Feel free to add me.
  • llynn1976
    llynn1976 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have had type one for the last 29 years, I got it when I was 9. Please feel free to add me.
  • marywoot
    Options
    I love to add u. But everytime i click your name it goes to an error message. Could u add me please
  • corinic91
    corinic91 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Type one diabetic here, sending a FR. Any others feel free to add! I had to chug an apple juice for a low BG earlier today which messed up my count lol. Nice to have friends who get the struggle :smile:
  • sweetaddict123
    sweetaddict123 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Been type 2 for about 15 years. On the wagon, off the wagon and so on. On 50 units of lantus. WAS taking Victoza and lost 30 lbs, but for the holidays I quit taking it, so I gained about 10 back. Trying to get back on track!
  • suttercm
    suttercm Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Type 2 for 4 years. On Metformin and Victoza. Have lost 48 lbs. Have 20 more to go. Have dropped A1C from 13.6 to 5.3. Feel free to add me as friend.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    @marywoot What type do you have? I have double diabetes (i.e. I have both type 1 and type 2 diabetes). I was underweight when I got type 1 (I was 9 and should have been 20 lbs. heavier for my age and height), but the treatment back then caused major weight gain. I doubled my weight in the first year and continued to gain subsequently. After a few years, I developed type 2 diabetes as well. Several years later now, I'm losing the weight slowly and decreasing the effects of type 2 (I was up to 200 units per day of U-100 insulin at one time). Of course, as a type 1, I'll always take insulin, but it is nice to be able to get rid of the severe resistance.

Feel free to add me.
  • bcnana
    bcnana Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    marywoot wrote: »
    Looking for people who have diabetes and having to or have lost weight. To share motivation sucsess stories recipes and be thwre for eachother.

• PuggleDoodle
    PuggleDoodle Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I sent everyone a friend request. I am not very technical, and have problems finding message strings again once I've posted (is there a way to find posts you've made??).

I'd love to find a place here to check in and see how everyone is doing, and pass on diabetes support as well.
    Thanks,
    Carol
  • adwilliams03
    adwilliams03 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I've recently been told by my doctor I am borderline diabetic. Feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I sent everyone a friend request. I am not very technical, and have problems finding message strings again once I've posted (is there a way to find posts you've made??).

I'd love to find a place here to check in and see how everyone is doing, and pass on diabetes support as well.
    Thanks,
    Carol

What I find is easiest is to click on that star at the top, to the right of the title. That will "bookmark" the discussion thread. Then, you can see it under your bookmarked threads. To get back to your bookmarked threads, the fast way is to click on the star at the top right, between your bell (notifications) and gear (settings). This will show your bookmarked discussions.