I keep falling off the fitness wagon

Options
I started MFP....umm... I don't even know how long ago and I do well for a while, then fall off track and gain all the weight back... Then I start the cycle all over again. So then the question becomes how many times can I start this process over before it starts to look pathetic and I should just give up? Don't get me wrong I don't want to give up, I have a lot of weight to lose ( 150+) and now I'm standing at the starting line with a now or never attitude. Unfortunately most of my original friends have given up and have left MFP, so I'm looking for support, especially from people who have lots to lose, and even more from people who have felt the effect of having to start over. Please feel free to add me and let's make 2015 the year we cut the yo yo string.

Replies

• Danyloz
    Danyloz Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thank you! That is great!
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    It's easy to fall off track... I lost and maintained a weight I was happy with for a long time. However, stress and the pressures of life have gotten me off track lately, and I've gained about 10 pounds back....so what I'm saying is, I know how you feel. It's really discouraging, but I just keep telling myself to keep moving forward. That's all you can do!
  • runeatrunlive
    runeatrunlive Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm in exactly the same position as you. I've fallen off track so many times. Feel free to add me :)
  • Danyloz
    Options
    Its very comforting to hear that I am not the only one! I wish you all the best!
  • ens102
    ens102 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm also back on track having maintained well for a year then piled back on most of the weight again. Determined to stay on track this time, staying positive with support!
  • tammyvail
    tammyvail Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have yo-yo'd over the years, I think most people have. I have been religiously working out for the year and feeling great. Haven't lost a ton of lbs but have lost inches. I feel that my next step, probably should have been my first, is getting control of my eating. I'm hoping that being back on MFP and finding some friends to keep my accountable and motivated will be just what I need. Also hoping if I get on the forums this time I will stick with it.
    You CAN do this, you can do anything you put your mind to. Don't let a minor setback stop you! Celebrate any success no matter how minor.
  • RachelSD7
    RachelSD7 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I too, have fallen off the wagon. I'm taking it one single day at a time. If I try to eat healthily - just for today, and if I try to fit in a little exercise then I find my moral and focus stays strong. When I start thinking about how far I have to go, that's when I start to wobble!
    - One day at a time! You can do it!
  • ens102
    ens102 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I completely agree, if I start thinking about the total amount I want to lose or the level of fitness I had and want to have again it gets a little depressing, and then I give up, just for today/this meal/this one decision not to eat the biscuit feels far more achievable.
  • SwankyTomato
    SwankyTomato Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    One meal and one workout at a time here.
  • Danyloz
    Options
    You are all so amazing! Thanks for the encouragement! I wish you all the best!
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Keep at it! I take mine one day and one work out at the time.
  • bloomlately
    bloomlately Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I fell off the track too and have gained quite a bit back. Now I'm trying to start over again. Feel free to add me.
  • EveFlowergirl
    EveFlowergirl Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I have also been on mfp before. I've gone up and down a LOT, LOT, LOT. And you can DEFINITELY get down to where you want to be. It's a process. I'm still realizing that. Feel free to add me.