New to group: 50 lbs lost since 6/1/14!!

Options
I start biggest loser tomorrow!!! Well...biggest loser of any city employee of Hillsboro!! I plan to win it!!! I still want to lose over 80 lbs by this summer!! Currently down 50 pounds and feeling so much better!!

Replies

• jennifer_r3
    jennifer_r3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    soo amazing!!
  • Tia_N_Mac
    Tia_N_Mac Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I seriously need your motivation and ideas! Sent you a friend request.
  • beckibelgium
    beckibelgium Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Go u x
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Congrats on a great weight loss ....... and continued success !
  • CathyRobertson1973
    Options
    Way to go How are you doing it? I need all the help I can get
  • kaniecki86
    kaniecki86 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Wow that's awesome. Any advice to stick with it?
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    thats a really fast loss rate, be careful and talk to your doctor first, before starting such a drastic plan.

because that's drastic and it's a rate that sets you up to fail.
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress and good luck on the rest! #keepitup! :smile:
  • Mallaband19
    Options
    Wow keep it going! How did you stick at it and what motivated you? X
  • destinyenelson
    destinyenelson Posts: 4
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Motivation comes from feeling so bad, physically and mentally. Severe back pain, sluggish, unable to move around easily, prediabetic. I keep working at it because I want to be healthy and keep up with my two year old! I beat cancer, and I took care of my baby boy while he went through chemotherapy, while working full time and being a single parent. If I can do all that, I can surely lose the weight right??!! I want to be healthy and find love again. Much easier to date when a size 8 versus a size 20!
  • destinyenelson
    destinyenelson Posts: 4
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Also, I've found that finding out WHY you eat really helps. Is it for comfort? Is it compulsive? Then you have to learn ways to combat that. Also...learning to love yourself makes it easier to lose weight. You do that by making good choices. At first those choices may not be about food but other areas of your life. When you accomplish other things it creates pride and love. At least for me. I joke that my diet is a "cancer-free" one. Don't beat yourself up. I was very sick when pregnant and watching my baby fight a rare disease was tough. I couldn't lose the weight!!! But I made other good choices and that helped start the momentum. Also I don't deprive myself!!! If cake is being served at work and that's your ultimate fav, then have ONE piece. Enjoy it!!! Love it!! Don't feel bad. But don't have a second or third piece. If it's too tempting don't go in the break room. I don't keep much junk food in my home either. My goal is to teach my two year old to swim this summer. Swimming is my fav thing in world, but I don't do it, because I look horrible in a swimsuit. But I continue envisioning what it will be like, when I reach my goals, and my son and I are swimming together!!!! Both of us healthy and happy!!! : )
  • destinyenelson
    Options
    Thank you for the praise and nice comments!! It's so appreciated! And I wish you all well too on your weight loss journey. It's so tough!!! I've lost 20-30 pounds several times in my life. But having to lose over 100 pounds is insane, crazy and a whole different ball game. I admire so many who have done just that!!! I got sick of getting welts between my thighs. And sweat under my chest. Yuck! I'm tired of looking in the mirror and turning away quickly because of my size. I'm tired of feeling ashamed of myself and hiding! I want more out of life!!! If I can lose 50 pounds, anyone can. It's SUPER tough. But I just focus on every day and practice mindfulness and being in the moment.

• AWordyGirly
    AWordyGirly Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    That's amazing- congrats on your success so far. Hopefully next year I'll be posting like you- I just started 2 days ago.. I'm trying to blog my way through my journey to keep myself motivated - https://awordygirly.wordpress.com/:-)