Netting and Eating the same

Options
Just a quick question! Is netting the same as eating the same? for example i used to eat 1200 and burn 300 a day so i only netted at 900-1000 but my weight loss always stopped after a week, now im trying a new approach serting my cal goal to 1500 and burning 300 so i net 1,200, has anybody else got any experiance? MFP sets my goal at 1,200 im 5'0 and around 154lbs

Replies

• jodes18
    jodes18 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    stopped after a month i mean not a week:)
  • r5d5
    r5d5 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    HI! hope it's not too late to help!
    Netting and eating calories aren't the same! So if you're give 1500 to eat, but burn 300, now you've only "eaten" 1200. Or if you're give 1200, and eat those calories, but then hit the gym and burn 300 calories, you're "netting" only 900.
    Users will say different things about how many calories to eat, if to eat back exercise calories at all...ect...
    I would suggest try eating back just half at first, so as to make sure you're not overestimating your calorie burn. If over time, you're losing weight, maybe eat back 3/4. I'd make sure to always net at least 1200! For a healthy mind and body :)
    Also, make sure you have a food scale! it's the best bet for measuring food and making sure you're counting calories properly since measuring cups are for liquids, not solids! (Go by grams--more accurate than ounces.)

Good luck!