Kind of new - looking for other petite women friends!

Options
srp2011
srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
Hi,

I've been on MFP now for about 2 months and I love this site. I've gotten so many great ideas from reading about other people's experiences. Tracking what I eat has really helped me be more consistent and inspired to eat better. As a petite woman (5'0"), I'm all too aware that those of us who are height-challenged face special struggles as we try to lose weight. Our BMRs just don't allow as much wiggle-room as our taller friends have. I'd like to find some other petite women friends for mutual support and encouragement as we take on this journey to fitness and good health.

Replies

• Rebjones612
    Rebjones612 Posts: 408
    Options
    Hello....
    I myself am only 5ft 3.
    When I started I weighed 183 lbs, Currently I am 151 lbs.
    I started about the middle of January. I quit pop cold turkey, don't even want one anymore.
    Drinking lots of water. Eating alot healthier, more stuff that I have to prepare as apposed to
    pre packaged things which have lots of sodium.
    You can do this!
    I am sending you a friend request!
  • kellyyjean
    kellyyjean Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I am 4' 11". Friend me if you like.
  • Blakemore1229
    Options
    Hello, im 5 foot as well feel free to add me if u would like i still have 10lbs to go :)
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and I def know what you mean with not much wiggle room. But the good thing is that when we lose a few pounds, it's really shows since there's less of us! And yes, shorties can be runners, I've gotten into it lately.
  • katemarjoram
    katemarjoram Posts: 203
    Options
    I'm a little taller at 5 foot 4 but have managed to get down to 122lbs so I know what you mean about a lack of 'wiggle room'. Friend me if I'm not too tall to be considered petite :-)
  • OliveLucas
    OliveLucas Posts: 84
    Options
    I'm 5'3", I would like to have some petite women friends for support as well, feel free to friend me, thank you! :smile:
  • heatherlh83
    heatherlh83 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0.5", sent you a friend request! :)
  • mollymoo89
    mollymoo89 Posts: 202
    Options
    I'm 5'2". I'll send you a request!
  • alifer
    alifer Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    5'1" with large frame
  • ladyviola
    ladyviola Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    5' 1.5" 125 lbs (give or take a few) here!
  • vjenelle
    vjenelle Posts: 23
    Options
    I understand. I'm 5'2 & all wiggled out when it comes weight gain. Sending you a friend request now.
  • Kbelle2607
    Kbelle2607 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" so I totally understand!! Friend request sent :)
  • musica814
    musica814 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and I totally understand what you mean! Sending friend request! :)
  • susyseq
    susyseq Posts: 94
    Options
    I'm 5'3 too, you can add if you'd like :)
  • slp2112
    slp2112 Posts: 107
    Options
    5'4" (though I think since I work primarily with men all day, I feel even shorter ... ). Feel free to friend if you like! And good luck with everything!! :)
  • penmillion
    penmillion Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    5'2" here. New friends welcome!
  • JaimeLaRae
    JaimeLaRae Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    5'2"...almost! LOL
  • Kristiahord
    Kristiahord Posts: 11
    Options
    5'3" here... my problem area is my mid section. Always had a short torso and have watched many "What not to wear" episodes to compliment my height and body shape! Just downloaded MFP on my new EVO phone and loving it so far! I only have 1 friend so far... so please Friend Request me ladies!! hahaha..... I'm a HUGE supporter of having tons of Accountability Partners so for added encouragement, please join me on Facebook too! facebook.com/kristiahord
  • mikki3
    mikki3 Posts: 63
    Options
    I'm 5'3.5" and also have a short torso - no wiggle room at all in my midsection, but at least I have great legs ;) Feel free to friend me if you'd like.
  • georgygirl
    georgygirl Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi I 'm 5'2" feel free to add me