Does this app work

Options
Hi all, I started this app a couple of yrs ago, I gave up and put the weight back on, now new yr new job trashy people ditched, I'm so ready for this!! Does it actually work? And how is everyone else feeling about this yr ahead, Lisa x

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    There are tons of successful people on MFP. It's just a calorie counting tool, and calorie counting works for everyone (if they put the work in).

As for the new year, just looking forward to another year of recomping.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Yep it works. Check out the Success Boards. Lots of great inspiration there.
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    The app is truly just a tool. If you use it properly, log accurately and completely, and maintain a caloric deficit, it will work.

Feeling excited about the year ahead, lots of big changes coming :)
  • MyName83
    MyName83 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks all, back to the gym tomorrow :) I'm not using all of my calories as I've been given 1200 finding it hard to eat that much hope I'll Still lose the weight
  • perryat0928
    perryat0928 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It helps me plan ahead and make choices before its too late. I have been using it for over a year and have lost 80+ lbs. It also keeps me exercising.
  • robinrmcfal
    robinrmcfal Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    It's a great tool and even more useful when you have friends to keep you motivated. Add me. :)
  • Writersblock02
    Options
    One of the greatest things about this app is the fact that you have a visible record of what you put in your body. It helps you stay focused on your goals, but like any tool it's only useful if it's actually being used
  • Danimalrunsagain
    Danimalrunsagain Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Yes! The app works, but it only works as hard as you do. I used MFP in 2012 and lost 80 pounds. Sadly, I got lazy when dealing with some life changes and put 50 back on. I'm back to logging and back to losing weight. You just have to maintain your discipline.
  • dmorsephotography
    Options
    I just started using the app but so far it's been so helpful! It's a great tool to help keep you on track. I also find it hard to eat the 1200 calories a day lol If I'm short calories I try and have a protein shake after my workout or something a lil extra like that. I find I'm eating so much protein too!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    It works if you use it and are honest about your entries.

Setup your plan and work your plan. If your plan is not working, you are either over estimating your daily entries in the diaries or not eating at a true deficit for weight loss if you are trying to loose weight.

Some maintain, some need to gain weight and some want to loose. MFP can be used for all three. Just log, log, log and it keeps you self aware and accountable.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    gia07 wrote: »

Setup your plan and work your plan. If your plan is not working, you are either over estimating your daily entries in the diaries or not eating at a true deficit for weight loss if you are trying to loose weight.

Some maintain, some need to gain weight and some want to loose. MFP can be used for all three. Just log, log, log and it keeps you self aware and accountable.

lose*

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    It's a tool, if used correctly it works! But it won't do the hard yards for you. Personally, I've joined WW 13 times, done shakes, CSIRO diet, Atkins, South Beach, Healthy Inspirations... the only think I've stuck with is MFP. I'm coming up on 12 months since I really committed and have lost over 20kg.
  • MAZ4502
    MAZ4502 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yes it works, my problem has been finding and holding onto friends to keep up the morale! but I agree whole-hardedly with....
    Hornsby wrote: »
    gia07 wrote: »

lose*

• MyName83
    MyName83 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks all, again good to hear your stories, please feel free to add me. I'm prob been thick but I don't know how to add friends x