Snack idea

Options
So I ate breakfast really early this moning, I had a WW muffin, at about 7am. So a few mins ago I was starving and won't be taking a lunch until around 2 or so. Well I had some mini rice cakes in my drawer at work, so I grabbed a hand ful and decided to spice them up a bit, I put a thin layer of fat free cream cheese on each one, I had about 7 or 8 mini cakes, then put a dollop of salsa on top... They were really good, Def. fullfilled my hunger. ... I don't reckon the calories being horrible because I know for 9 mini cakes it's 70 cals ... and for 2 tbs of ff cream cheese is it like 30 cals? ... I didn't even use a tbls ... and salsa has hardly any as well so, I would say the snack in total was prob around 100 or 110 cals... Anyway it was really good and satisfying. Just wanted to share :)

Replies

• ellenangel
    ellenangel Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    That sounds good! I do similar with Laughing Cow cheese and pumpkin butter because I love sweet foods- love randomly discovering new snacks :happy: Now my brain is whirring... I bet apple cinnamon rice cakes would be awesome with Laughing Cow cheese. Or cheddar rice cakes with salsa... Yum.
  • joyfoolous
    joyfoolous Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    sounds greatttt
  • mandalina23
    mandalina23 Posts: 77
    Options
    Yes ... sweet and salty are always a good combo... this may sound gross but I love sweet and salty combos so sometimes like on Fridays or saturday mornings as a treat I'll have an egg sandwhich - usually egg whites, with light cream cheese and light grape jelly on wheat toast, its one of my favorite sweet and savory meals! :)