Dr Phil new book 20/20 group?

Options
Hi. I just downloaded the new book and look forward to reading today. Are there any groups or others who are doing this? I would love to go thru this with others.

Replies

• Mreczek75
    Mreczek75 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I currently just ordered the book and my friend and I are starting Monday! Sounds really easy!
  • lareinamora18
    Options
    Tell me about the book
  • cml922
    cml922 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Started this on January 1st!
    The first Phase is 5 days. Foods are limited to eggs, cod, chickpeas, leafy greens, walnuts, almonds, pistachios, apples, dried plumes, raisins, lentils, natural peanut butter, rye, todo, whey protein, mustard, olive oil, and tons of green tea. Four meals a day.
    I'm in phase 2 (another 5 days) which is all those 20/20 foods and additional foods listed in the book.
    The last phase is the 20 days which I haven't read about yet. I think it's similar with 4 meals a day, but with more food variety. Hope this helps!
  • tineehaag
    tineehaag Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I did read the food list. How did you do phase 1? Is it a set number of calories?
  • cml922
    cml922 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    No set calories... Just 4 meals a days, portioned out. When I've tracked whole days in phase 1, most days were around 1,200-1,500 calories. The book reminds you to check your hunger signals, and to use that in helping with when to have your meals (around 4 hours apart)
  • tineehaag
    tineehaag Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I have been snacking with the foods but thought I needed to finish to book to start it all or at least get to the day it says start. I would
    Like to start on Monday. I will be out of town next Friday night thru Sunday night. So worried about that
  • FitterFaith
    FitterFaith Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    tineehaag wrote: »
    Hi. I just downloaded the new book and look forward to reading today. Are there any groups or others who are doing this? I would love to go thru this with others.

I created a group for us. I am in day 2. So far to so good. I like the food so far. I am not good a cooking fish, but I am trying my best. I would really enjoy having others support as we work our way through this program.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/102182-dr-phil-the-20-20-diet

• mykidsmom1994
    mykidsmom1994 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Ok....I read the book over a month ago but keep finding excuses not to start.....I need help.