food guidance

Options
Tots77
Tots77 Posts: 16 Member
I was just wondering if any of you have any good ideas for a reference book or website for dinner/ meal ideas. I know what healthy choices I need to make, but just tend to do better if I follow a meal plan that has recipies or lists to choose from. I am tired of eating the same things over and over and just need some new ideas.

Replies

• llm12
    llm12 Posts: 49
    Options
    I frequently look at www.eatingwell.com and www.hungrygirl.com for recipe ideas. You can also buy the hungry girl books.
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    Check out skinnytaste.com

It's not a meal plan, but they have some seriously awesome stuff on there. You won't get bored. Also, cookinglight.com has some good recipes too!
  • cjjones007
    cjjones007 Posts: 602
    Options
    I find diabetic cookbooks referenced CONSTANTLY on weight loss sites, doctors, etc...
    They tend to be low in processed carbs and fats - so I bought a couple of those and use them quite a bit...
  • abroughton1978
    Options
  • cc2r1511
    cc2r1511 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Cook yourself thin and cook yourself thin faster are awesome books!!
    I hate those books that use ridiculous ingredients that I never have in my cabinets. These books use stuff that I have at home and I have never had something that doesn't taste good!!
    Lifetime.com has the recipes available on the show website.
  • Tots77
    Tots77 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    WOW! Thanks for all the great ideas. I will look into them
  • dlangenfeld
    dlangenfeld Posts: 119
    Options
    I'm going to have to try some of these websites out!!
  • luvleelisag
    luvleelisag Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Glad you posted this! I use allrecipes.com alot, but i am ecited to check out all these new sites! I need healthy, family friendly recipes...
  • newprincess
    Options
    I found realsimple.com and already tried some of theirs recipes. I love the eggplant curry. You can find meals in all calorie ranges- you just put in under 400 per serving and here you go.